Nutritionists win dietetic awards
by MBJ Staff
Published: March 18,2012
Sylvia Byrd and two nutrition students in Mississippi State University’s College of Agriculture and Life Sciences were honored at a statewide awards function March 8. Byrd is an associate professor and director of the Didactic Program in Dietetics in MSU’s Department of Food Science, Nutrition and Health Promotion. She has been named the Outstanding Dietetic Educator of the Year by the Mississippi Dietetic Association. The award recognizes dietetic educators and practitioners involved with students. Byrd was nominated for this honor by one of her students.
Shiloh Quintana, a dietetic intern in the same department at MSU, is the Outstanding Dietetic Internship Student of the Year. Quintana earned her undergraduate degree in Food Science, Nutrition and Health Promotion with an emphasis in nutrition and is completing a one-year dietetic internship. When she completes this internship, she will be eligible to take the examination to become a registered dietitian.
Jane Anderson, an undergraduate student from Okolona, was named the Outstanding Didactic Program in Dietetics Student of the Year. She graduated in December with a degree in Food Science, Nutrition and Health Promotion with an emphasis in nutrition.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- JOSH MABUS — Inbound marketing is fueled by wishful thinking
- (UPDATE) Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- 2014 a good year for filmmaking in Mississippi
- Kemper plant employee gag order continued
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Doug Dale’s self-awareness helps lift him to top of his game
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- (UPDATED — BREAKING NEWS) American Specialty Alloys won’t locate $1.2B mill in Mississippi
- ASA postmortem: industrial recruiting is a constant cycle of death and life