Nutritionists win dietetic awards
by MBJ Staff
Published: March 18,2012
Sylvia Byrd and two nutrition students in Mississippi State University’s College of Agriculture and Life Sciences were honored at a statewide awards function March 8. Byrd is an associate professor and director of the Didactic Program in Dietetics in MSU’s Department of Food Science, Nutrition and Health Promotion. She has been named the Outstanding Dietetic Educator of the Year by the Mississippi Dietetic Association. The award recognizes dietetic educators and practitioners involved with students. Byrd was nominated for this honor by one of her students.
Shiloh Quintana, a dietetic intern in the same department at MSU, is the Outstanding Dietetic Internship Student of the Year. Quintana earned her undergraduate degree in Food Science, Nutrition and Health Promotion with an emphasis in nutrition and is completing a one-year dietetic internship. When she completes this internship, she will be eligible to take the examination to become a registered dietitian.
Jane Anderson, an undergraduate student from Okolona, was named the Outstanding Didactic Program in Dietetics Student of the Year. She graduated in December with a degree in Food Science, Nutrition and Health Promotion with an emphasis in nutrition.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- At age 17, ‘the flagpole kid’ is already a business success story
- Airline announces new service at Oxford
- County surveyor accused of doing unlicensed work, fraud
- Doctor appeals Medicaid, Medicare fraud conviction
- Brandon biometrics firm merges fingerprinting and smartphones
- With tar balls still common, some question end of oil spill cleanup
- Madison doctor explores JFK assassination in chilling thriller
- Ingalls lands another, $76.8M Coast Guard cutter
- Supervisors to talk about rising costs, dwindling budget