Nutritionists win dietetic awards
by MBJ Staff
Published: March 18,2012
Sylvia Byrd and two nutrition students in Mississippi State University’s College of Agriculture and Life Sciences were honored at a statewide awards function March 8. Byrd is an associate professor and director of the Didactic Program in Dietetics in MSU’s Department of Food Science, Nutrition and Health Promotion. She has been named the Outstanding Dietetic Educator of the Year by the Mississippi Dietetic Association. The award recognizes dietetic educators and practitioners involved with students. Byrd was nominated for this honor by one of her students.
Shiloh Quintana, a dietetic intern in the same department at MSU, is the Outstanding Dietetic Internship Student of the Year. Quintana earned her undergraduate degree in Food Science, Nutrition and Health Promotion with an emphasis in nutrition and is completing a one-year dietetic internship. When she completes this internship, she will be eligible to take the examination to become a registered dietitian.
Jane Anderson, an undergraduate student from Okolona, was named the Outstanding Didactic Program in Dietetics Student of the Year. She graduated in December with a degree in Food Science, Nutrition and Health Promotion with an emphasis in nutrition.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Source: Bryant has offered Glenn McCullough MDA job
- College Board names Glenn Boyce as higher education chief
- TRANSITION AT THE MDA — Is Mississippi better off than it was 3 years ago?
- (WITH VIDEO) Funding secured for Capitol Art Lofts in downtown Jackson
- Deepwater Horizon Five Years Later — Restoring the Mississippi coast starts with a strong foundation
- PHIL HARDWICK: The third grade reading gate, book buddies and school principals
- Chancery Court’s interpretation of ‘public use’ will guide ruling on Westin money
- THE SPIN CYCLE — Key results from Pew’s social media survey
- COMMERCIAL FINANCE 701: Loans disguised as government bonds (BOANs)