Beneke Magnolia purchases Sanderson Plumbing
by MBJ Staff
Published: March 19,2012
COLUMBUS — Beneke Magnolia Inc. has acquired Sanderson Plumbing Products Inc. (SPPI). Terms were not disclosed.
The purchase will ensure SPPI’s Columbus facility will continue to operate and will result in the retention of 400 jobs for area residents, according to the Mississippi Development Authority (MDA).
Established as the Findeisen-Kropf Manufacturing Company in Chicago, SPPI has been manufacturing toilet seats since 1893. Henry Beneke Sr. purchased the company in 1939 and moved the company to Columbus. While the company’s name has changed a number of times over the years, it has been in continuous production in Columbus since first establishing manufacturing operations there in the 1930s.
“We feel that these jobs and this facility are invaluable to Columbus, Lowndes County and the state of Mississippi, and we look forward to growing and expanding our business,” said Tom Whitaker, CEO of Beneke Magnolia.
The MDA provided the company with a loan through the Existing Industry Loan Program, along with assistance through the Momentum Mississippi incentives program. The Columbus-Lowndes Development Link also assisted with this project.
Beneke Magnolia is a full-line manufacturer of toilet seats, producing molded wood, injection molded solid plastic, aircraft, healthcare, manufactured home, OEM and soft vinyl toilet seats. The company was the exclusive supplier of toilet seats to NASA’s Space Shuttle Program, and its products are sold worldwide.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- BBB issues warning involving asphalt paving scam
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects
- Mississippi State makes NSF ranking of research universities
- TVA president/CEO Johnson tours Techumseh, Yokohama plants
- Sawtimber, pulpwood markets improving, but challenges remain
- News The Way You Want It!
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip