Trustmark completes acquisition of Florida bank
by MBJ Staff
Published: March 19,2012
JACKSON — Trustmark Corporation’s subsidiary, Trustmark National Bank, has completed its previously announced merger with Bay Bank & Trust Co., Panama City, Fla.
Gerard R. Host, president and CEO of Trustmark, said, “We are pleased to welcome the customers and associates of Bay Bank to the Trustmark family. Bay Bank, with seven offices and $116.9 million in loans and $206.6 million in deposits at Dec. 31, 2011, significantly enhances our presence in the Florida Panhandle. Together, Bay Bank and Trustmark have the second largest deposit market share in Bay County, Florida.”
Bay Bank customers should continue to conduct their banking business as usual, using existing branches, checks and ATM or debit cards, until receiving notice from Trustmark that system changes have been completed, which is expected to occur April 14. At that point, Bay Bank customers will have an expanded offering of products and services, as well as the added convenience provided by more than 150 Trustmark banking centers in Florida, Mississippi, Tennessee and Texas.
Under terms of the merger agreement dated Nov. 30, 2011, Trustmark will issue approximately 510,000 shares of its common stock and pay $10 million in cash for all of the outstanding common stock of Bay Bank & Trust Co. Bay Bank shareholders will receive a letter of instructions describing the procedure for exchanging their certificates.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Molpus closes Fund after more than $662M in commitments
- Realtors chooses Nita Wingard
- DeSoto County Supervisor Lee dies in ATV accident on his birthday
- No debate, but Cochran and Childers lobby for votes for Senate
- Entergy agrees to cut $35M from its new rate plan
- Politics of paying for transportation: Hand wringing and a lot of talk
- MSU reminding fans that drones are prohibited at football games
- Kemper County plant will cost at least another $496M to complete
- Ford Foundation gives to UM for new science building