Audit shows bankrupt Natchez Regional faring better financially
by Associated Press
Published: March 20,2012
NATCHEZ — An audit shows Natchez Regional Medical Center was doing better off financially in 2011 than it was in 2010.
NRMC CFO Charles Mock presented the Adams County Board of Supervisors yesterday with the hospital’s financial audit for the fiscal year ending Sept. 20, 2011.
After the meeting, Mock told The Natchez Democrat the hospital’s bankruptcy will be paid off in September.
The hospital saw a $327,000 increase in net assets in the most recent fiscal year, up from a $71,000 deficit in 2010.
While the hospital’s cash flow sheets show that NRMC spent $70,000 more than it took in, Mock said that number was reflective of the hospital making payments on its debts.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DMR pays accounting firm more than double contract's worth
- Following ruling, Entergy to hand over records to county
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- UPDATED: House subcommittee tosses discrimination elements from religious freedom bill
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Gulf Coast's design studio teaches lessons on sustainability
- Mississippi ag aviation plays a critical role in production and profitability
- Corps allots more funding to projects in Mississippi
- Senate passes teacher pay raise legislation