Audit shows bankrupt Natchez Regional faring better financially
Published: March 20,2012
NATCHEZ — An audit shows Natchez Regional Medical Center was doing better off financially in 2011 than it was in 2010.
NRMC CFO Charles Mock presented the Adams County Board of Supervisors yesterday with the hospital’s financial audit for the fiscal year ending Sept. 20, 2011.
After the meeting, Mock told The Natchez Democrat the hospital’s bankruptcy will be paid off in September.
The hospital saw a $327,000 increase in net assets in the most recent fiscal year, up from a $71,000 deficit in 2010.
While the hospital’s cash flow sheets show that NRMC spent $70,000 more than it took in, Mock said that number was reflective of the hospital making payments on its debts.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Bids on reworking Interstate 55 stretch are rejected
- Spivey named Under 40 Business Person of the Year by the Mississippi Business Journal
- JACK WEATHERLY: Economic development in these parts is a ‘family’ business
- Hosemann to launch crowd funding program
- CFPB wants repay ability at center of new payday loan rules
- ALAN TURNER: Education in Mississippi – good and bad news
- Terminal upgrade on indefinite hold at Jackson International Airport
- JOSH MABUS: The Tao of Road House
- Answering the Bell: Interim Ole Miss law school dean well-regarded for directing hands-on clinical training