Audit shows bankrupt Natchez Regional faring better financially
Published: March 20,2012
NATCHEZ — An audit shows Natchez Regional Medical Center was doing better off financially in 2011 than it was in 2010.
NRMC CFO Charles Mock presented the Adams County Board of Supervisors yesterday with the hospital’s financial audit for the fiscal year ending Sept. 20, 2011.
After the meeting, Mock told The Natchez Democrat the hospital’s bankruptcy will be paid off in September.
The hospital saw a $327,000 increase in net assets in the most recent fiscal year, up from a $71,000 deficit in 2010.
While the hospital’s cash flow sheets show that NRMC spent $70,000 more than it took in, Mock said that number was reflective of the hospital making payments on its debts.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Seafood R’evolution set to make Mississippi ‘the new culinary epicenter of the South’
- Yarber could be sworn in today as new Jackson mayor
- Pharma Pac lays off rest of workers; could end up owing state
- Silver Airways ordered to continue service
- Ole Miss launches commitment to be 'climate neutral'
- After review, MSU moves forward on new research facility
- SpaceX, Stennis officially open new rocket test stand
- Acco Brands investing $1.6M, adding 162 workers
- Two Delta groups getting economic development funding