EIGS forms workforce development partnership with Digital Quest
HANCOCK COUNTY — The Enterprise for Innovative Geospatial Solutions (EIGS) has formed a partnership with Digital Quest, a national geospatial education firm. The partnership was formed to enhance the EIGS workforce development program with geospatial certifications.
The State of Florida recently adopted the “S.P.A.C.E.” (Spatial Projects and Community Exchange) certification series created by Digital Quest and sponsored by EIGS. Florida included these new geospatial certifications as part of its 2012-13 approved condensed “Comprehensive Industry Certification List” for the state’s Career and Professional Education (CAPE) Act.
“Workforce development is an essential element of any industry,” said Tom Koger, executive director of EIGS. “It is especially important in the rapidly growing, technology-based geospatial industry which is changing daily. We chose the S.P.A.C.E. certification because it is continually developed with extensive collaboration from both industry and academia to ensure the training is relevant and the workforce needs of the industry are met.”
The S.P.A.C.E. certifications are independently backed by the Enterprise for Geospatial Solutions (EIGS), Mississippi Enterprise for Technology (MsET) and the Magnolia Business Alliance (MBA).
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Mississippi State makes NSF ranking of research universities
- Tallahatchie General’s listing on auditor’s ‘watchline’ an image set back, CEO says
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- TVA president/CEO Johnson tours Techumseh, Yokohama plants
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- Ex-city worker arrested on false pretense charge
- Kelly Boutwell added, Jason Word promoted at MEC
- Cotton to take center stage during MSU summit
- BRENT CHRISTENSEN — Entrepreneurs: A vital fuel for Mississippi’s Economy