EIGS forms workforce development partnership with Digital Quest
HANCOCK COUNTY — The Enterprise for Innovative Geospatial Solutions (EIGS) has formed a partnership with Digital Quest, a national geospatial education firm. The partnership was formed to enhance the EIGS workforce development program with geospatial certifications.
The State of Florida recently adopted the “S.P.A.C.E.” (Spatial Projects and Community Exchange) certification series created by Digital Quest and sponsored by EIGS. Florida included these new geospatial certifications as part of its 2012-13 approved condensed “Comprehensive Industry Certification List” for the state’s Career and Professional Education (CAPE) Act.
“Workforce development is an essential element of any industry,” said Tom Koger, executive director of EIGS. “It is especially important in the rapidly growing, technology-based geospatial industry which is changing daily. We chose the S.P.A.C.E. certification because it is continually developed with extensive collaboration from both industry and academia to ensure the training is relevant and the workforce needs of the industry are met.”
The S.P.A.C.E. certifications are independently backed by the Enterprise for Geospatial Solutions (EIGS), Mississippi Enterprise for Technology (MsET) and the Magnolia Business Alliance (MBA).
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- White House hotel making comeback in Biloxi
- Supreme Court deals blow to McDaniel's election challenge
- Guns OK inside Mississippi polling places, attorney general says
- McCarthy hired as CFO of Mississippi Development Authority
- State GOP chairman calls on McDaniel to hurry with challenge
- Three indicted, alleged to have embezzled from agency
- Bryant protests immigrant children being housed in state
- Gunn, Reeves introduce performance-based budget plan
- 'Get on Up' movie premiers in Madison with Chadwick Boseman and Tate Taylor walking the red carpet