New city to hold public hearing on proposed ward boundaries
Published: March 20,2012
DIAMONDHEAD — The newly formed city of Diamondhead will hold a public hearing April 2 on its proposed ward lines and officials have posted the maps on their new city website.
The Sun Herald reports the website, which officials acknowledge is rudimentary and was developed for $400, shows two proposed maps for the four wards. In addition to council members for four wards, there would likely be one council member serving “at large.” All of the current five-member council is serving as “at large” until the 2013 elections, which will be held based on whichever election map the city ultimately adopts.
Officials said they expect getting prepared for the 2013 vote will be a complicated process.
At yesterday’s meeting, the council voted to study setting up their elections commission.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Winchester lands $50M ammunition contract from Homeland Security
- Deer processors need to use caution to insure safe, tasty venison
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters
- Travis retiring as head of Mississippi World Trade Center
- Canadian company purchasing Southern Lumber for nearly $50M
- Drew Brees settles lawsuit alleging investment fraud
- Lawmakers question education leaders about escalating administrative costs
- Peavey Electronics reorganizing under new globalization plan
- Court rules board can discipline West Virginia radiologist