New city to hold public hearing on proposed ward boundaries
by Associated Press
Published: March 20,2012
DIAMONDHEAD — The newly formed city of Diamondhead will hold a public hearing April 2 on its proposed ward lines and officials have posted the maps on their new city website.
The Sun Herald reports the website, which officials acknowledge is rudimentary and was developed for $400, shows two proposed maps for the four wards. In addition to council members for four wards, there would likely be one council member serving “at large.” All of the current five-member council is serving as “at large” until the 2013 elections, which will be held based on whichever election map the city ultimately adopts.
Officials said they expect getting prepared for the 2013 vote will be a complicated process.
At yesterday’s meeting, the council voted to study setting up their elections commission.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Click Boutique revives Hattiesburg downtown retail district
- KEEPING OUR EYE ON: Elizabeth Harris
- TROTTER: Social security claiming strategies
- Small business owners take picture perfect advantages with Instagram
- District at Eastover construction to start later this year
- Nullification and interposition
- Froyo y’all: Couple brings 'delicious' dessert to Delta
- Brown would make history if confirmed as judge