Stewart named new president of East Central Community College
Published: March 21,2012
DECATUR — Dr. Billy Stewart has been named president of East Central Community College.
The school’s board of trustees made the announcement yesterday.
Stewart currently serves as CFO for Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College. He succeeds longtime ECCC president Dr. Phil Sutphin.
Board of Trustees chairman Jimmy Hollingsworth says Stewart’s experience in community college administration makes him the right man for the job.
Though Stewart will not officially become president until July 1st, he will be working with Sutphin in the weeks leading up to then to assure there is a smooth transition.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Molpus closes Fund after more than $662M in commitments
- MSU reminding fans that drones are prohibited at football games
- Politics of paying for transportation: Hand wringing and a lot of talk
- DeSoto County Supervisor Lee dies in ATV accident on his birthday
- Former DPS employees sentenced for selling bogus driver's licenses
- Researchers: Trapping, not hunting, best way to control wild hogs
- Realtors chooses Nita Wingard
- Entergy agrees to cut $35M from its new rate plan
- No debate, but Cochran and Childers lobby for votes for Senate