Stewart named new president of East Central Community College
by Associated Press
Published: March 21,2012
DECATUR — Dr. Billy Stewart has been named president of East Central Community College.
The school’s board of trustees made the announcement yesterday.
Stewart currently serves as CFO for Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College. He succeeds longtime ECCC president Dr. Phil Sutphin.
Board of Trustees chairman Jimmy Hollingsworth says Stewart’s experience in community college administration makes him the right man for the job.
Though Stewart will not officially become president until July 1st, he will be working with Sutphin in the weeks leading up to then to assure there is a smooth transition.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- George’s Girls put shopping skills to work
- DMR pays accounting firm more than double contract's worth
- Following ruling, Entergy to hand over records to county
- MSU Foundation names five new members
- Crowded field lines up for Jackson mayoral election
- Justice Department files complaint against tax preparer
- Another fiberhood qualifies for C Spire 1-gigabit Internet service
- Cochran questions nominee concerning Stanford ponzi scheme
- Report: State's emergency care ranks highest in Southeast