Stewart named new president of East Central Community College
Published: March 21,2012
DECATUR — Dr. Billy Stewart has been named president of East Central Community College.
The school’s board of trustees made the announcement yesterday.
Stewart currently serves as CFO for Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College. He succeeds longtime ECCC president Dr. Phil Sutphin.
Board of Trustees chairman Jimmy Hollingsworth says Stewart’s experience in community college administration makes him the right man for the job.
Though Stewart will not officially become president until July 1st, he will be working with Sutphin in the weeks leading up to then to assure there is a smooth transition.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Congressional delegation applauds Air Force's decision on Keesler, but not satisfied
- Deal for Jackson-Orlando flights in works with Allegiant
- (UPDATED) Making Jackson-Evers affordable to Allegiant is key to regaining Orlando service
- County rescinds gun ban; sheriff says lawmakers may 'deal with the consequences'
- Great River Industries moving headquarters to Natchez
- Moon River Foods creating 100 jobs in Mississippi Delta
- Report: Mississippi sees biggest hike in home insurance premiums in U.S.
- Baseball stadium for Farish Street? It’s possible
- The Blues and higher education — Delta State launches the International Delta Blues Project
- Singing River shutting doors on two Coast clinics