Stewart named new president of East Central Community College
by Associated Press
Published: March 21,2012
DECATUR — Dr. Billy Stewart has been named president of East Central Community College.
The school’s board of trustees made the announcement yesterday.
Stewart currently serves as CFO for Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College. He succeeds longtime ECCC president Dr. Phil Sutphin.
Board of Trustees chairman Jimmy Hollingsworth says Stewart’s experience in community college administration makes him the right man for the job.
Though Stewart will not officially become president until July 1st, he will be working with Sutphin in the weeks leading up to then to assure there is a smooth transition.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Family launches Billups Coffee with headquarters in Oxford
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- Running luxury car dealerships, like Mercedes of Jackson, comes naturally to Trudy Higginbotham Moody
- Mississippi State makes NSF ranking of research universities
- ‘Just the beginning’ — Venture Technologies merging, acquiring companies
- Chaney drops lawsuit against National Flood Insurance Program
- Hood joins other AGs in efforts to curb copper theft
- Entergy gives $500K grant to The Nature Conservancy
- Sawtimber, pulpwood markets improving, but challenges remain