Stewart named new president of East Central Community College
Published: March 21,2012
DECATUR — Dr. Billy Stewart has been named president of East Central Community College.
The school’s board of trustees made the announcement yesterday.
Stewart currently serves as CFO for Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College. He succeeds longtime ECCC president Dr. Phil Sutphin.
Board of Trustees chairman Jimmy Hollingsworth says Stewart’s experience in community college administration makes him the right man for the job.
Though Stewart will not officially become president until July 1st, he will be working with Sutphin in the weeks leading up to then to assure there is a smooth transition.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Canadian company purchasing Southern Lumber for nearly $50M
- Winchester lands $50M ammunition contract from Homeland Security
- Lawmakers question education leaders about escalating administrative costs
- Deer processors need to use caution to insure safe, tasty venison
- Peavey Electronics reorganizing under new globalization plan
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters
- C Spire completes acquisition of MegaGate Broadband
- Columbia Parachute expanding, relocating to BusinessPlex
- Tourism conference being held on Coast; industry to ask state for more money