Aldermen review thousands in charges to Davis’ city credit card
Published: March 22,2012
Tags: alderman, aldermen, audit, auditors, board of aldermen, chambers of commerce, credit card, entertainment, executive, investigation, mayor, misappropriation, restaurants, review, scam, scheme, sex
SOUTHAVEN — A Southaven alderman says he and fellow aldermen spent nearly six hours in a closed-door session Tuesday reviewing thousands of dollars in charges to Mayor Greg Davis’ since-canceled city credit card.
Alderman Ronnie Hale said the state auditor’s office, which has already ordered Davis to repay more than $170,000 in personal charges, requested that the Board of Aldermen review charges made to the mayor’s city-issued card from 2009 to 2011.
The Commercial Appeal reports Hale would not confirm publicly the dollar amount of the charges aldermen were asked to review, and he would not release the letter from state officials detailing the items to be reviewed.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Travis retiring as head of Mississippi World Trade Center
- Drew Brees settles lawsuit alleging investment fraud
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters
- Court rules board can discipline West Virginia radiologist
- Deer processors need to use caution to insure safe, tasty venison
- Winchester lands $50M ammunition contract from Homeland Security
- Legislators begin work on FY2016 state budget
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015
- Doctor convicted of using phony church for tax shelter