Aldermen review thousands in charges to Davis’ city credit card
Published: March 22,2012
Tags: alderman, aldermen, audit, auditors, board of aldermen, chambers of commerce, credit card, entertainment, executive, investigation, mayor, misappropriation, restaurants, review, scam, scheme, sex
SOUTHAVEN — A Southaven alderman says he and fellow aldermen spent nearly six hours in a closed-door session Tuesday reviewing thousands of dollars in charges to Mayor Greg Davis’ since-canceled city credit card.
Alderman Ronnie Hale said the state auditor’s office, which has already ordered Davis to repay more than $170,000 in personal charges, requested that the Board of Aldermen review charges made to the mayor’s city-issued card from 2009 to 2011.
The Commercial Appeal reports Hale would not confirm publicly the dollar amount of the charges aldermen were asked to review, and he would not release the letter from state officials detailing the items to be reviewed.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- J.McLaughlin to open in Highland Village next spring
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- Analysts hail BancorpSouth stock buyback as ‘handsome’ reward for shareholders
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- 'Blue Economy' important for Mississippi's future
- Tanger Outlets involved in Southaven project