Aldermen review thousands in charges to Davis’ city credit card
by Associated Press
Published: March 22,2012
Tags: alderman, aldermen, audit, auditors, board of aldermen, chambers of commerce, credit card, entertainment, executive, investigation, mayor, misappropriation, restaurants, review, scam, scheme, sex
SOUTHAVEN — A Southaven alderman says he and fellow aldermen spent nearly six hours in a closed-door session Tuesday reviewing thousands of dollars in charges to Mayor Greg Davis’ since-canceled city credit card.
Alderman Ronnie Hale said the state auditor’s office, which has already ordered Davis to repay more than $170,000 in personal charges, requested that the Board of Aldermen review charges made to the mayor’s city-issued card from 2009 to 2011.
The Commercial Appeal reports Hale would not confirm publicly the dollar amount of the charges aldermen were asked to review, and he would not release the letter from state officials detailing the items to be reviewed.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Click Boutique revives Hattiesburg downtown retail district
- KEEPING OUR EYE ON: Elizabeth Harris
- Nullification and interposition
- TROTTER: Social security claiming strategies
- District at Eastover construction to start later this year
- Small business owners take picture perfect advantages with Instagram
- Court rules in clinic dispute involving St. Dominic, HMA
- Froyo y’all: Couple brings 'delicious' dessert to Delta