New Jersey investment firm buys industrial building for $16.2M
by MBJ Staff
Published: March 22,2012
OLIVE BRANCH — Monmouth Real Estate Investment Corporation of Freehold, N.J., has acquired a 234,660-square-foot industrial building located at 8644 Polk Lane, Olive Branch, at a purchase price of $16.2 million.
The property is net-leased for 10 years to Anda Pharmaceuticals Inc., a distribution division of Watson Pharmaceuticals Inc.
The building is situated on approximately 12.3 acres. It is a brand new construction by Industrial Developments International (IDI).
Michael P. Landy, COO of Monmouth, said, “Anda is the fourth largest U.S. distributor of generic pharmaceuticals. This brand new, Class A industrial building is well located at a new industrial park and is part of the Memphis market. Anda moved to this new built-to-suit facility to be near one of Monmouth’s FedEx buildings that specializes in critical supply chain services. This makes this acquisition an excellent and natural fit for our portfolio. We look forward to building a strong, long-term relationship with Anda and Watson.
“This LEED-qualified building, constructed by IDI, also represents a new and exciting relationship for Monmouth. IDI is a well-established real estate developer focused exclusively on superior quality industrial property. We anticipate that this will be the first of many acquisitions with IDI.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Congressional delegation applauds Air Force's decision on Keesler, but not satisfied
- Report: Mississippi sees biggest hike in home insurance premiums in U.S.
- Businessman involved in Frankel insurance scam dies at 81
- Giles Ward will not seek reelection to Senate
- (UPDATED) Making Jackson-Evers affordable to Allegiant is key to regaining Orlando service
- County rescinds gun ban; sheriff says lawmakers may 'deal with the consequences'
- Commission to decide if emergency should be declared in Delta school system
- Leadership in Law nomination form
- Ex-state employee gets jail time for embezzling from school
- MDOT study: State's airports generate $2.5B-plus in economic activity