Barlow named Entergy VP
by MBJ Staff
Published: March 25,2012
Chuck Barlow has been named vice president of environmental policy and strategy for Entergy Corporation. Barlow, who has served Entergy as environmental associate and assistant general counsel since 2003, has an extensive background in environmental law and litigation.
Barlow’s contributions at Entergy have included litigation such as Entergy Corp. v. Riverkeeper and other cases before the Supreme Court and D.C. Circuit Court on the role of the federal government in environmental regulation. He also currently supports environmental legal efforts on nuclear fleet license renewals and fossil fleet compliance and permitting.
Prior to joining the company, Barlow served as general counsel of the Mississippi Department of Environmental Quality from 1996 to 2003. While with the agency, he received a Certificate of Commendation from the U.S. Department of Justice for work on a major joint state-federal enforcement case. Barlow served two terms as an appointed member of the United States Environmental Protection Agency National Environmental Justice Advisory Council from 2006 to 2010.
He holds the master of laws (LL.M.) in environmental and natural resource law from the Northwestern School of Law of Lewis & Clark College, Portland, Ore., received in 1995. In 2007, he was honored with Lewis and Clark’s Distinguished Environmental Graduate Award. Barlow received his undergraduate degree from Mississippi College in 1984, a master of arts in English from the University of Virginia in 1986 and his law degree from the Mississippi College School of Law in 1989. He then clerked for Chief Judge Charles Clark of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Mississippi State makes NSF ranking of research universities
- Tallahatchie General’s listing on auditor’s ‘watchline’ an image set back, CEO says
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- TVA president/CEO Johnson tours Techumseh, Yokohama plants
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- Ex-city worker arrested on false pretense charge
- Kelly Boutwell added, Jason Word promoted at MEC
- Cotton to take center stage during MSU summit
- BRENT CHRISTENSEN — Entrepreneurs: A vital fuel for Mississippi’s Economy