Burke replacing McMillan
by MBJ Staff
Published: March 25,2012
Kimberly Gladden Burke, current professor of accounting and assistant dean, has been named the next dean at Millsaps College’s Else School of Management. She will begin her new position July 1. Burke will oversee Millsaps’ undergraduate business, MBA, Executive MBA and master of accountancy programs.
Burke replaces Howard McMillan, who has served as dean of the Else School since 2006. McMillan will return to his previous role of executive-in-residence, a post he held from 2002 to 2006. McMillan joined the Else School after retiring from a distinguished career in the banking industry. He is a former director of the Federal Reserve Bank in Atlanta, past president of the American Bankers Association and former president of Deposit Guaranty National Bank.
As an accounting professor, Burke has taught a variety of classes including undergraduate and graduate auditing, intermediate and advanced accounting, accounting information systems, principles of financial accounting and introduction to liberal studies. In 2008, she was recognized by the Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching and the Council for Advancement and Support of Education as the Mississippi Professor of the Year. She also plays a valuable role in helping Millsaps graduates secure jobs with leading accounting firms and established an executive shadowing program for accounting students.
Burke holds a B.B.A. and an M.S. in accounting from Texas Tech University and a Ph.D. from Oklahoma State University. She joined the Millsaps faculty in 1995.
Her research interests include the labor market for academics, assurance services, expectations formation and gender issues. Her research has been published in multiple publications including Advances in Accounting, Southern Economic Journal, Journal of Information Systems, Journal of Service Marketing and Internal Auditing.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- Thousands of acres of Delta farmland to go on auction block
- Former Godwin CEO Danny Mitchell dies at 66
- Tragedy for Jackson Prep: Football player Walker Wilbanks dies
- Board files suit against VA over release of patients' names
- Gov. Bryant sets special election date for Senate District 17
- Northrop Grumman lands $354M Air Force contract for Global Hawks
- Mississippi sounds coming to Americana Music Festival & Conference
- City trying to determine who has authority to spend gaming money