Davis re-elected Peoples chair
by MBJ Staff
Published: March 25,2012
Sid Davis has been re-elected chairman of the board of Peoples Bank. His experience includes eight years as a national bank examiner, during which time he served as administrative assistant to the regional administrator from 1969 to 1971 and as the first international bank examiner in the five-state region from 1971 to 1974.
He served as president of Peoples Bank from 1980 to 2000 when he retired and began a career in alternative dispute resolution, presently as a collaborative lawyer and mediator.
His education includes a bachelor’s degree in accountancy at Ole Miss, a masters degree in banking and finance from the University of Alabama, and he is also a certified public accountant. He is a graduate of the Installment Lending School, the Commercial Lending School and the Graduate Investments School at the universities of Colorado, Oklahoma and Illinois, respectively, as well as the LSU Graduate School of Banking. He earned his juris doctorate with distinction at the Mississippi College School of Law.
He is married to the former Kathy Allen Jones, a retired schoolteacher, and has two sons, Dee and Brad, both of whom are successful entrepreneurs and each has served on the board of directors of Peoples Bank.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Dan Jones rejects IHL offer, won't publicly apologize
- Email from Nash to Delta Council’s Morgan included in DHA court file
- BREAKING NEWS: Trustees offer new deal to Ole Miss chancellor Dan Jones
- Suit against Kemper employee Brett Wingo is dismissed
- Ole Miss chancellor: Talks continue over job status
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Delta Health Alliance CEO Karen Fox under investigation for possible misuse of funds
- Law to bolster utilities’ economic development efforts gets mixed reactions