Davis re-elected Peoples chair
by MBJ Staff
Published: March 25,2012
Sid Davis has been re-elected chairman of the board of Peoples Bank. His experience includes eight years as a national bank examiner, during which time he served as administrative assistant to the regional administrator from 1969 to 1971 and as the first international bank examiner in the five-state region from 1971 to 1974.
He served as president of Peoples Bank from 1980 to 2000 when he retired and began a career in alternative dispute resolution, presently as a collaborative lawyer and mediator.
His education includes a bachelor’s degree in accountancy at Ole Miss, a masters degree in banking and finance from the University of Alabama, and he is also a certified public accountant. He is a graduate of the Installment Lending School, the Commercial Lending School and the Graduate Investments School at the universities of Colorado, Oklahoma and Illinois, respectively, as well as the LSU Graduate School of Banking. He earned his juris doctorate with distinction at the Mississippi College School of Law.
He is married to the former Kathy Allen Jones, a retired schoolteacher, and has two sons, Dee and Brad, both of whom are successful entrepreneurs and each has served on the board of directors of Peoples Bank.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Barbour to lead Butler Snow economic development firm
- (UPDATE) Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- Delta State conference brings renowned speakers
- Kemper plant employee gag order continued
- (UPDATE) Judge rules on Google request on attorney general inquiry
- The leadership styles of President Obama
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Doug Dale’s self-awareness helps lift him to top of his game
- Ex-prison boss and businessman admit to bribery scheme
- Analysis: Lawmakers squabble over election-year tax cuts