Davis re-elected Peoples chair
by MBJ Staff
Published: March 25,2012
Sid Davis has been re-elected chairman of the board of Peoples Bank. His experience includes eight years as a national bank examiner, during which time he served as administrative assistant to the regional administrator from 1969 to 1971 and as the first international bank examiner in the five-state region from 1971 to 1974.
He served as president of Peoples Bank from 1980 to 2000 when he retired and began a career in alternative dispute resolution, presently as a collaborative lawyer and mediator.
His education includes a bachelor’s degree in accountancy at Ole Miss, a masters degree in banking and finance from the University of Alabama, and he is also a certified public accountant. He is a graduate of the Installment Lending School, the Commercial Lending School and the Graduate Investments School at the universities of Colorado, Oklahoma and Illinois, respectively, as well as the LSU Graduate School of Banking. He earned his juris doctorate with distinction at the Mississippi College School of Law.
He is married to the former Kathy Allen Jones, a retired schoolteacher, and has two sons, Dee and Brad, both of whom are successful entrepreneurs and each has served on the board of directors of Peoples Bank.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Two BancorpSouth mergers delayed by federal inquiries
- Severstal selling plants, including Severstal Columbus
- Wasted away — Margaritaville in Biloxi to close by Sept. 19
- Moon River Foods creating 100 jobs in Mississippi Delta
- WILLOUGHBY: Broadband Voice founder Gary Watts isn’t afraid to take chances
- Communities awarded national Main Street accreditation
- Police find Attorney General Hood's stolen handgun
- Pickwick Pines settles lawsuit; pays $260K
- MSU sets new annual fundraising record of $106M-plus