Davis re-elected Peoples chair
by MBJ Staff
Published: March 25,2012
Sid Davis has been re-elected chairman of the board of Peoples Bank. His experience includes eight years as a national bank examiner, during which time he served as administrative assistant to the regional administrator from 1969 to 1971 and as the first international bank examiner in the five-state region from 1971 to 1974.
He served as president of Peoples Bank from 1980 to 2000 when he retired and began a career in alternative dispute resolution, presently as a collaborative lawyer and mediator.
His education includes a bachelor’s degree in accountancy at Ole Miss, a masters degree in banking and finance from the University of Alabama, and he is also a certified public accountant. He is a graduate of the Installment Lending School, the Commercial Lending School and the Graduate Investments School at the universities of Colorado, Oklahoma and Illinois, respectively, as well as the LSU Graduate School of Banking. He earned his juris doctorate with distinction at the Mississippi College School of Law.
He is married to the former Kathy Allen Jones, a retired schoolteacher, and has two sons, Dee and Brad, both of whom are successful entrepreneurs and each has served on the board of directors of Peoples Bank.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- (UPDATED) Making Jackson-Evers affordable to Allegiant is key to regaining Orlando service
- Congressional delegation applauds Air Force's decision on Keesler, but not satisfied
- Deal for Jackson-Orlando flights in works with Allegiant
- County rescinds gun ban; sheriff says lawmakers may 'deal with the consequences'
- Businessman involved in Frankel insurance scam dies at 81
- Report: Mississippi sees biggest hike in home insurance premiums in U.S.
- Giles Ward will not seek reelection to Senate
- Great River Industries moving headquarters to Natchez
- Commission to decide if emergency should be declared in Delta school system
- Leadership in Law nomination form