Glover appointed to board
by MBJ Staff
Published: March 25,2012
Tags: American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, Arthur Anderson & Company, First Guaranty Bancshares, Georgetown University, Glenda B. Glover, Harvard Business School Management, Howard University, Jackson Airport Authority, Jackson State University, NAACP, Tennessee State University
American Learning Corporation has appointed Dr. Glenda Baskin Glover as a new member of the board of directors. She is a certified public accountant, an attorney and finance administrator and educator.
Glover is currently the dean of the College of Business at Jackson State University. She was previously the chairperson of the Department of Accounting at Howard University. Her previous employment experience includes positions as senior vice president and CFO of an engineering firm, a tax manager at Potomac Electric Power Company and an accountant with Arthur Andersen & Company.
Glover also sits on the board of directors of First Guaranty Bancshares where she serves as the chair of the Audit Committee, is a member of the Advisory Board of Regions Bank of Mississippi and the chairman of the Board of Commissioners of the Jackson (Mississippi) Airport Authority.
She is the author of more than 100 articles and papers, is regarded as one of the nation’s experts on corporate governance and is a highly sought motivational speaker and political strategist. Glover is a member of several professional, civic and non-profit organizations, and is the recipient of numerous awards and honors.
Some of her organizations include the Harvard Business School Management Alliance, Board of Examiners for the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, the MetroJackson Chamber of Commerce, the National Bar Association, NAACP and The Links Inc. She just recently finished a term as member of the board of directors and International Treasurer of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority.
Glover holds a B.S. from Tennessee State University, an M.B.A. from Clark Atlanta University and a Ph.D. from George Washington University. Glover also completed the doctor of jurisprudence at Georgetown University. She is one of the few African-American females in the United States to hold the economics Ph.D., CPA and J.D. degree combination.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Source: Bryant has offered Glenn McCullough MDA job
- College Board names Glenn Boyce as higher education chief
- TRANSITION AT THE MDA — Is Mississippi better off than it was 3 years ago?
- (WITH VIDEO) Funding secured for Capitol Art Lofts in downtown Jackson
- Deepwater Horizon Five Years Later — Restoring the Mississippi coast starts with a strong foundation
- PHIL HARDWICK: The third grade reading gate, book buddies and school principals
- Chancery Court’s interpretation of ‘public use’ will guide ruling on Westin money
- COMMERCIAL FINANCE 701: Loans disguised as government bonds (BOANs)
- THE SPIN CYCLE — Key results from Pew’s social media survey