Harvey named Oxford superintendent
by MBJ Staff
Published: March 25,2012
Brian Harvey has been named Oxford schools superintendent by the school board. The Oxford Eagle reports the 40-year-old Harvey has served as the interim superintendent after Kim Stasny, the previous superintendent, died in May of last year.
Harvey and his wife, Elizabeth, a math teacher at Northwest Mississippi Community College, have three children in the city school district. He received his bachelor of arts in history in 1995 from the University of Mississippi. He began working for the district shortly after and returned to Ole Miss for his master’s in educational leadership in 2005.
The school board gave Harvey a two-year contract.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Drew Brees settles lawsuit alleging investment fraud
- Doctor convicted of using phony church for tax shelter
- Ex-Delta mayor indicted, accused of stealing city property
- Cochran's legal counsel asks Court to toss McDaniel's lawsuit
- Williams-Sonoma expanding, adding nearly 1,000 jobs
- More than half-dozen groups file charter school applications
- State Rep. Patterson switches from Democrats to GOP
- Ex-baliff wants pay or her job back after termination
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015