Harvey named Oxford superintendent
by MBJ Staff
Published: March 25,2012
Brian Harvey has been named Oxford schools superintendent by the school board. The Oxford Eagle reports the 40-year-old Harvey has served as the interim superintendent after Kim Stasny, the previous superintendent, died in May of last year.
Harvey and his wife, Elizabeth, a math teacher at Northwest Mississippi Community College, have three children in the city school district. He received his bachelor of arts in history in 1995 from the University of Mississippi. He began working for the district shortly after and returned to Ole Miss for his master’s in educational leadership in 2005.
The school board gave Harvey a two-year contract.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Half century of memories — Christmas on Deer Creek to celebrate 50th anniversary
- Prison-contract task force working in wake of Epps' indictment
- Bryant wants free tuition for students with technical diploma
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- Prescott leads field for Conerly Trophy as state's best football player
- County to ask if it can use unspent hurricane recovery money
- BILL CRAWFORD: Bryant’s tax cut won’t stop spending growth
- UM Chancellor Jones: Lymphoma treatment going well