Harvey named Oxford superintendent
by MBJ Staff
Published: March 25,2012
Brian Harvey has been named Oxford schools superintendent by the school board. The Oxford Eagle reports the 40-year-old Harvey has served as the interim superintendent after Kim Stasny, the previous superintendent, died in May of last year.
Harvey and his wife, Elizabeth, a math teacher at Northwest Mississippi Community College, have three children in the city school district. He received his bachelor of arts in history in 1995 from the University of Mississippi. He began working for the district shortly after and returned to Ole Miss for his master’s in educational leadership in 2005.
The school board gave Harvey a two-year contract.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Gary Herring building tomorrow by educating today
- WILLOUGHBY: Mayo Flynt leads AT&T Mississippi by enjoying both work and workers
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years