Harvey named Oxford superintendent
by MBJ Staff
Published: March 25,2012
Brian Harvey has been named Oxford schools superintendent by the school board. The Oxford Eagle reports the 40-year-old Harvey has served as the interim superintendent after Kim Stasny, the previous superintendent, died in May of last year.
Harvey and his wife, Elizabeth, a math teacher at Northwest Mississippi Community College, have three children in the city school district. He received his bachelor of arts in history in 1995 from the University of Mississippi. He began working for the district shortly after and returned to Ole Miss for his master’s in educational leadership in 2005.
The school board gave Harvey a two-year contract.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- MSU reminding fans that drones are prohibited at football games
- Former DPS employees sentenced for selling bogus driver's licenses
- Politics of paying for transportation: Hand wringing and a lot of talk
- Researchers: Trapping, not hunting, best way to control wild hogs
- DeSoto County Supervisor Lee dies in ATV accident on his birthday
- Research on dogs could lead to better understanding of human cancer
- Keesler Medical Center set to begin $74M renovation project
- ONE MORE YEAR: Leaders want year more of study on comprehensive road, bridge upkeep
- Community college dedicating new welding technology center