Harvey named Oxford superintendent
by MBJ Staff
Published: March 25,2012
Brian Harvey has been named Oxford schools superintendent by the school board. The Oxford Eagle reports the 40-year-old Harvey has served as the interim superintendent after Kim Stasny, the previous superintendent, died in May of last year.
Harvey and his wife, Elizabeth, a math teacher at Northwest Mississippi Community College, have three children in the city school district. He received his bachelor of arts in history in 1995 from the University of Mississippi. He began working for the district shortly after and returned to Ole Miss for his master’s in educational leadership in 2005.
The school board gave Harvey a two-year contract.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS — Roger Wicker: Profile in discouragement
- Tommy Robertson indicted on five counts of embezzlement
- BILL CRAWFORD — More jobs, but fewer with jobs, huh?
- Despite obstacles, craft beer industry growing
- ANITA MODAK-TRURAN — Mississippi’s motion picture renaissance
- Finding your flexible space — Regus banks on high demand for customizable work spaces
- Watch out for wildlife while driving on roads, highways
- Miss. children's hospital plans $150 million expansion
- State's ventures into alt-fuel markets net few jobs