Huston named top MSU vet
by MBJ Staff
Published: March 25,2012
Dr. Carla Huston, associate professor in the Department of Pathobiology and Population Medicine at Mississippi State University, has been named the state’s top veterinarian. The Mississippi Veterinary Medical Association presented her with the Mississippi Veterinarian of the Year award was at the 2012 MVMA winter meeting in Starkville.
Huston earned her bachelor’s, doctor of veterinary medicine, and doctoral degrees from Ohio State University. She is a diplomate of the American College of Veterinary Preventive Medicine. She serves as the Mississippi Veterinary Beef Extension and Outreach coordinator and the Mississippi Beef Quality Assurance program coordinator. She specializes in both food animal health and production, and in disaster management and response.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Judge to hear from True the Vote as McDaniel attempts to overturn loss to Cochran
- Under state probe, All American Check Cashing gets ‘F’ rating from Better Business Bureau
- DAVID DALLAS: Mr. McDaniel goes to Washington
- Three indicted, alleged to have embezzled from agency
- Walker sentenced to 18 months for fraud, conspiracy
- Manning family establishes health care initiative at UMMC
- Weyerhaeuser investing $57M to modernize lumber mill
- Google chooses Mad Genius as example of Internet use
- Communities awarded national Main Street accreditation