Huston named top MSU vet
by MBJ Staff
Published: March 25,2012
Dr. Carla Huston, associate professor in the Department of Pathobiology and Population Medicine at Mississippi State University, has been named the state’s top veterinarian. The Mississippi Veterinary Medical Association presented her with the Mississippi Veterinarian of the Year award was at the 2012 MVMA winter meeting in Starkville.
Huston earned her bachelor’s, doctor of veterinary medicine, and doctoral degrees from Ohio State University. She is a diplomate of the American College of Veterinary Preventive Medicine. She serves as the Mississippi Veterinary Beef Extension and Outreach coordinator and the Mississippi Beef Quality Assurance program coordinator. She specializes in both food animal health and production, and in disaster management and response.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Family launches Billups Coffee with headquarters in Oxford
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- Running luxury car dealerships, like Mercedes of Jackson, comes naturally to Trudy Higginbotham Moody
- ‘Just the beginning’ — Venture Technologies merging, acquiring companies
- Mississippi State makes NSF ranking of research universities
- Chaney drops lawsuit against National Flood Insurance Program
- Sawtimber, pulpwood markets improving, but challenges remain
- Hood joins other AGs in efforts to curb copper theft
- Entergy gives $500K grant to The Nature Conservancy