Huston named top MSU vet
by MBJ Staff
Published: March 25,2012
Dr. Carla Huston, associate professor in the Department of Pathobiology and Population Medicine at Mississippi State University, has been named the state’s top veterinarian. The Mississippi Veterinary Medical Association presented her with the Mississippi Veterinarian of the Year award was at the 2012 MVMA winter meeting in Starkville.
Huston earned her bachelor’s, doctor of veterinary medicine, and doctoral degrees from Ohio State University. She is a diplomate of the American College of Veterinary Preventive Medicine. She serves as the Mississippi Veterinary Beef Extension and Outreach coordinator and the Mississippi Beef Quality Assurance program coordinator. She specializes in both food animal health and production, and in disaster management and response.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- (UPDATE) Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- JOSH MABUS — Inbound marketing is fueled by wishful thinking
- 2014 a good year for filmmaking in Mississippi
- Kemper plant employee gag order continued
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Doug Dale’s self-awareness helps lift him to top of his game
- Ex-prison boss and businessman admit to bribery scheme
- ASA postmortem: industrial recruiting is a constant cycle of death and life