Huston named top MSU vet
by MBJ Staff
Published: March 25,2012
Dr. Carla Huston, associate professor in the Department of Pathobiology and Population Medicine at Mississippi State University, has been named the state’s top veterinarian. The Mississippi Veterinary Medical Association presented her with the Mississippi Veterinarian of the Year award was at the 2012 MVMA winter meeting in Starkville.
Huston earned her bachelor’s, doctor of veterinary medicine, and doctoral degrees from Ohio State University. She is a diplomate of the American College of Veterinary Preventive Medicine. She serves as the Mississippi Veterinary Beef Extension and Outreach coordinator and the Mississippi Beef Quality Assurance program coordinator. She specializes in both food animal health and production, and in disaster management and response.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- McDaniel delays decision on whether to appeal dismissal of lawsuit
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- More than a dozen school districts sue state over funding
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Bryant issues executive order to establish Delta water task force
- New York firm buying majority interest in Tupelo mall, shopping center