Huston named top MSU vet
by MBJ Staff
Published: March 25,2012
Dr. Carla Huston, associate professor in the Department of Pathobiology and Population Medicine at Mississippi State University, has been named the state’s top veterinarian. The Mississippi Veterinary Medical Association presented her with the Mississippi Veterinarian of the Year award was at the 2012 MVMA winter meeting in Starkville.
Huston earned her bachelor’s, doctor of veterinary medicine, and doctoral degrees from Ohio State University. She is a diplomate of the American College of Veterinary Preventive Medicine. She serves as the Mississippi Veterinary Beef Extension and Outreach coordinator and the Mississippi Beef Quality Assurance program coordinator. She specializes in both food animal health and production, and in disaster management and response.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- Turner Grain’s transition will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Granddaughter of Barq's Root Beer founder dies at 90
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- MDOT cutting more than 40 jobs in Right-of-Way Division
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Board authorizes sale of company that owns Silver Slipper Casino
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force