MDOT appoints Myrick
by MBJ Staff
Published: March 25,2012
The Mississippi Department of Transportation has appointed Grant Myrick to the position of assistant to the Central District Commissioner Dick Hall. Myrick will function as the principal administrative support to Hall and act as liaison between the commissioner and public and private groups, federal and state transportation officials, public officials, and constituents.
Myrick began his career after graduating from Physical Therapy Assistant School while working at Ridgeland Pointe Assisted Living in Ridgeland handling the day-to-day operations of the therapy unit. From there, he took a job as office manager for 360 Total Rehab in Jackson. Following his work in therapy, Myrick was approached to be political director for the Steve Simpson’s campaign for attorney general.
Myrick is a native of Kosciusko, who graduated from Mississippi State University in 2006 with a degree in kinesiology. Afterwards, he attended Hinds Community College earning a degree in physical therapy assistant technology in 2008. While at Mississippi State, Myrick was a member of Kappa Alpha Fraternity.
Myrick has resided in the Madison/Ridgeland area since 2007. He likes working out, traveling to historical places in Mississippi and attending Mississippi State sporting events. He also is a member of the Mississippi Historical Society.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Alumni-couple donate $12.3M to Mississippi State
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- MAN OF STEEL: Madhu Ranade leading Severstal Columbus
- Town given Obamacare insurance break, but faces additional costs in 2015
- Omega Protein shifting vessels to Mississippi
- TRIP releases report on state's crumbling roads, bridges
- Butler Snow Advisory Services adds Jimmy Bailey
- Judge denies ex-mayor's motion to vacate Katrina-related conviction
- Bankrupt Simply Wheelz chooses prevailing bidder for assets
- CARTOON — Nobile illustrates Thad Cochran's most significant advantage over the competition