MDOT appoints Myrick
by MBJ Staff
Published: March 25,2012
The Mississippi Department of Transportation has appointed Grant Myrick to the position of assistant to the Central District Commissioner Dick Hall. Myrick will function as the principal administrative support to Hall and act as liaison between the commissioner and public and private groups, federal and state transportation officials, public officials, and constituents.
Myrick began his career after graduating from Physical Therapy Assistant School while working at Ridgeland Pointe Assisted Living in Ridgeland handling the day-to-day operations of the therapy unit. From there, he took a job as office manager for 360 Total Rehab in Jackson. Following his work in therapy, Myrick was approached to be political director for the Steve Simpson’s campaign for attorney general.
Myrick is a native of Kosciusko, who graduated from Mississippi State University in 2006 with a degree in kinesiology. Afterwards, he attended Hinds Community College earning a degree in physical therapy assistant technology in 2008. While at Mississippi State, Myrick was a member of Kappa Alpha Fraternity.
Myrick has resided in the Madison/Ridgeland area since 2007. He likes working out, traveling to historical places in Mississippi and attending Mississippi State sporting events. He also is a member of the Mississippi Historical Society.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- Senate passes teacher pay raise legislation
- Lawmakers debating alternative to Medicaid expansion
- Pickering collects more money from failed beef plant project
- The First acquiring Alabama bank in cash/stock deal
- States settle with manufacturers in DRAM price-fixing case
- Todd Smith's Spin Cycle — Not milk! It’s end of era for milk industry’s iconic ‘Got Milk?’ campaign
- District at Eastover takes shape with financing in place, tenant signings under way
- MBJ's Businesswoman of the Year never expected her career to take this path
- Mississippi ag aviation plays a critical role in production and profitability