MDOT appoints Myrick
by MBJ Staff
Published: March 25,2012
The Mississippi Department of Transportation has appointed Grant Myrick to the position of assistant to the Central District Commissioner Dick Hall. Myrick will function as the principal administrative support to Hall and act as liaison between the commissioner and public and private groups, federal and state transportation officials, public officials, and constituents.
Myrick began his career after graduating from Physical Therapy Assistant School while working at Ridgeland Pointe Assisted Living in Ridgeland handling the day-to-day operations of the therapy unit. From there, he took a job as office manager for 360 Total Rehab in Jackson. Following his work in therapy, Myrick was approached to be political director for the Steve Simpson’s campaign for attorney general.
Myrick is a native of Kosciusko, who graduated from Mississippi State University in 2006 with a degree in kinesiology. Afterwards, he attended Hinds Community College earning a degree in physical therapy assistant technology in 2008. While at Mississippi State, Myrick was a member of Kappa Alpha Fraternity.
Myrick has resided in the Madison/Ridgeland area since 2007. He likes working out, traveling to historical places in Mississippi and attending Mississippi State sporting events. He also is a member of the Mississippi Historical Society.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Venture Tech merges with ISC, acquires SAT
- PSC's Brandon Presley calls in-state nuclear waste dump a 'harebrained scheme'
- Georgia-Pacific completes acquisition of SPG Holdings
- Corps official: River needs larger ports, locks and dams
- Community Bank names new officers
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Retired judge to hear McDaniel's challenge of primary loss to Cochran
- C Spire, UM installing Wi-Fi network at Vaught-Hemingway Stadium
- Southern Bancorp to acquire Bank of Bolivar County