Seymour takes home honor
by MBJ Staff
Published: March 25,2012
The Council of Educators in Landscape Architecture honored Mississippi State University associate professor Michael Seymour with the national 2012 Excellence in Teaching Award. Seymour has taught in MSU’s College of Agriculture and Life Sciences in the Department of Landscape Architecture for seven years.
In addition to teaching a wide range of courses, Seymour has authored numerous publications, participated in professional organizations and served as the coordinator of the landscape architecture department’s graduate program. He frequently tests the effectiveness of his own courses by assessing the outcomes of lectures and assignments in search of the best teaching approaches. He has presented at conferences around the world.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- A BIG CHANGE: New mortgage rules seen bringing increase in pricey mobile home loans
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- Warden who lives hundreds of miles from jail resigns
- Jail kitchen supervisor pleads guilty to stealing food
- DAVID DALLAS: Savor this Thanksgiving and be grateful
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Hunting-weapons legislation passes House