Seymour takes home honor
by MBJ Staff
Published: March 25,2012
The Council of Educators in Landscape Architecture honored Mississippi State University associate professor Michael Seymour with the national 2012 Excellence in Teaching Award. Seymour has taught in MSU’s College of Agriculture and Life Sciences in the Department of Landscape Architecture for seven years.
In addition to teaching a wide range of courses, Seymour has authored numerous publications, participated in professional organizations and served as the coordinator of the landscape architecture department’s graduate program. He frequently tests the effectiveness of his own courses by assessing the outcomes of lectures and assignments in search of the best teaching approaches. He has presented at conferences around the world.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- Woman found guilty of murder in buttocks injection case
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- More than a dozen school districts sue state over funding
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Mike Morgan has calmness of mind