Seymour takes home honor
by MBJ Staff
Published: March 25,2012
The Council of Educators in Landscape Architecture honored Mississippi State University associate professor Michael Seymour with the national 2012 Excellence in Teaching Award. Seymour has taught in MSU’s College of Agriculture and Life Sciences in the Department of Landscape Architecture for seven years.
In addition to teaching a wide range of courses, Seymour has authored numerous publications, participated in professional organizations and served as the coordinator of the landscape architecture department’s graduate program. He frequently tests the effectiveness of his own courses by assessing the outcomes of lectures and assignments in search of the best teaching approaches. He has presented at conferences around the world.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Spivey named Under 40 Business Person of the Year by the Mississippi Business Journal
- Bids on reworking Interstate 55 stretch are rejected
- JACK WEATHERLY: Finding a house, defending a neighborhood, finding a voice
- JACK WEATHERLY: Economic development in these parts is a ‘family’ business
- Terminal upgrade on indefinite hold at Jackson International Airport
- Report ranks state schools' performance 51st in the nation
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- CFPB wants repay ability at center of new payday loan rules
- Hosemann to launch crowd funding program