Seymour takes home honor
by MBJ Staff
Published: March 25,2012
The Council of Educators in Landscape Architecture honored Mississippi State University associate professor Michael Seymour with the national 2012 Excellence in Teaching Award. Seymour has taught in MSU’s College of Agriculture and Life Sciences in the Department of Landscape Architecture for seven years.
In addition to teaching a wide range of courses, Seymour has authored numerous publications, participated in professional organizations and served as the coordinator of the landscape architecture department’s graduate program. He frequently tests the effectiveness of his own courses by assessing the outcomes of lectures and assignments in search of the best teaching approaches. He has presented at conferences around the world.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Canadian company purchasing Southern Lumber for nearly $50M
- Winchester lands $50M ammunition contract from Homeland Security
- Lawmakers question education leaders about escalating administrative costs
- Deer processors need to use caution to insure safe, tasty venison
- Peavey Electronics reorganizing under new globalization plan
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters
- C Spire completes acquisition of MegaGate Broadband
- Columbia Parachute expanding, relocating to BusinessPlex
- Tourism conference being held on Coast; industry to ask state for more money