Whitehead earns certification
Raymond Whitehead, M.D., a Hattiesburg Clinic orthopaedic surgeon, recently earned his certification to perform a partial knee resurfacing procedure called MAKOplasty that is carried-out using the RIO Robotic Arm Interactive Orthopedic System. Whitehead currently practices in Hattiesburg Clinic’s Orthopaedic Surgery and Sports Medicine departments. He obtained his medical degree from University of Alabama School of Medicine in Birmingham, Ala. His experience includes an internship in general surgery and a residency in orthopaedic surgery both from the Medical College of Georgia in Augusta, Ga. Whitehead also completed a sports medicine and arthroscopy fellowship at Orthopaedic Research of Virginia in Richmond, Va.
Whitehead is board certified in orthopaedic surgery by the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery and possesses a Certificate of Added Qualification in Sports Medicine. His professional memberships consist of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, American Medical Association, Mississippi State Medical Association, South Mississippi Medical Society, Mississippi State Orthopaedic Society and the Arthroscopy Association of North America.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Bids on reworking Interstate 55 stretch are rejected
- Spivey named Under 40 Business Person of the Year by the Mississippi Business Journal
- JACK WEATHERLY: Economic development in these parts is a ‘family’ business
- Hosemann to launch crowd funding program
- CFPB wants repay ability at center of new payday loan rules
- ALAN TURNER: Education in Mississippi – good and bad news
- Terminal upgrade on indefinite hold at Jackson International Airport
- JOSH MABUS: The Tao of Road House
- Answering the Bell: Interim Ole Miss law school dean well-regarded for directing hands-on clinical training