Whitehead earns certification
Raymond Whitehead, M.D., a Hattiesburg Clinic orthopaedic surgeon, recently earned his certification to perform a partial knee resurfacing procedure called MAKOplasty that is carried-out using the RIO Robotic Arm Interactive Orthopedic System. Whitehead currently practices in Hattiesburg Clinic’s Orthopaedic Surgery and Sports Medicine departments. He obtained his medical degree from University of Alabama School of Medicine in Birmingham, Ala. His experience includes an internship in general surgery and a residency in orthopaedic surgery both from the Medical College of Georgia in Augusta, Ga. Whitehead also completed a sports medicine and arthroscopy fellowship at Orthopaedic Research of Virginia in Richmond, Va.
Whitehead is board certified in orthopaedic surgery by the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery and possesses a Certificate of Added Qualification in Sports Medicine. His professional memberships consist of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, American Medical Association, Mississippi State Medical Association, South Mississippi Medical Society, Mississippi State Orthopaedic Society and the Arthroscopy Association of North America.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Thousands of acres of Delta farmland to go on auction block
- CSpire offering 1Phone 6, IPhone 6 Plus on Sept. 19
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Board files suit against VA over release of patients' names
- MBJ's Business Marketplace set for Sept. 19 at Mississippi's Trade Mart
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Mississippi sounds coming to Americana Music Festival & Conference
- State's corn crop could set new yield record
- Report ranks state schools' performance 51st in the nation