Whitehead earns certification
Raymond Whitehead, M.D., a Hattiesburg Clinic orthopaedic surgeon, recently earned his certification to perform a partial knee resurfacing procedure called MAKOplasty that is carried-out using the RIO Robotic Arm Interactive Orthopedic System. Whitehead currently practices in Hattiesburg Clinic’s Orthopaedic Surgery and Sports Medicine departments. He obtained his medical degree from University of Alabama School of Medicine in Birmingham, Ala. His experience includes an internship in general surgery and a residency in orthopaedic surgery both from the Medical College of Georgia in Augusta, Ga. Whitehead also completed a sports medicine and arthroscopy fellowship at Orthopaedic Research of Virginia in Richmond, Va.
Whitehead is board certified in orthopaedic surgery by the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery and possesses a Certificate of Added Qualification in Sports Medicine. His professional memberships consist of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, American Medical Association, Mississippi State Medical Association, South Mississippi Medical Society, Mississippi State Orthopaedic Society and the Arthroscopy Association of North America.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- PSC unanimously rejects Entergy-ITC proposed merger
- Company mulling plan to build new pipeline
- Omega Protein shifting vessels to Mississippi
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- Conservator: Schools had too many employees
- Bankrupt Simply Wheelz chooses prevailing bidder for assets
- Study says state sacrificing billions of dollars, 20,000 jobs in refusing Medicaid expansion
- Mars Food to celebrate 35 years in Port City
- Council wants more info on proposed baseball stadium