Whitehead earns certification
Raymond Whitehead, M.D., a Hattiesburg Clinic orthopaedic surgeon, recently earned his certification to perform a partial knee resurfacing procedure called MAKOplasty that is carried-out using the RIO Robotic Arm Interactive Orthopedic System. Whitehead currently practices in Hattiesburg Clinic’s Orthopaedic Surgery and Sports Medicine departments. He obtained his medical degree from University of Alabama School of Medicine in Birmingham, Ala. His experience includes an internship in general surgery and a residency in orthopaedic surgery both from the Medical College of Georgia in Augusta, Ga. Whitehead also completed a sports medicine and arthroscopy fellowship at Orthopaedic Research of Virginia in Richmond, Va.
Whitehead is board certified in orthopaedic surgery by the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery and possesses a Certificate of Added Qualification in Sports Medicine. His professional memberships consist of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, American Medical Association, Mississippi State Medical Association, South Mississippi Medical Society, Mississippi State Orthopaedic Society and the Arthroscopy Association of North America.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- MSU reminding fans that drones are prohibited at football games
- Former DPS employees sentenced for selling bogus driver's licenses
- Politics of paying for transportation: Hand wringing and a lot of talk
- Researchers: Trapping, not hunting, best way to control wild hogs
- DeSoto County Supervisor Lee dies in ATV accident on his birthday
- Research on dogs could lead to better understanding of human cancer
- Keesler Medical Center set to begin $74M renovation project
- ONE MORE YEAR: Leaders want year more of study on comprehensive road, bridge upkeep
- Community college dedicating new welding technology center