KiOR chooses Natchez, not Newton, as site for second plant
by Associated Press
Published: March 27,2012
NATCHEZ — Biofuels company KiOR says it will locate its second Mississippi production facility in Natchez, a move that will create 300 jobs.
The Natchez Democrat reports the facility will be built on a 120-acre tract of land comprised of the former Belwood Country Club. The company had originally announced the facility would be located in Newton.
The announcement was made during the company’s fourth-quarter investors’ conference call yesterday. CEO Fred Cannon said logistical, infrastructure and tax incentives made Natchez the logical choice to locate their facility.
KiOR uses a biofuel production process that uses non-food stock, including wood chips. Cannon said Natchez’s proximity to wood production areas also played a role in the decision to locate there.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- BBB issues warning involving asphalt paving scam
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects
- Mississippi State makes NSF ranking of research universities
- TVA president/CEO Johnson tours Techumseh, Yokohama plants
- Sawtimber, pulpwood markets improving, but challenges remain
- News The Way You Want It!
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip