KiOR chooses Natchez, not Newton, as site for second plant
by Associated Press
Published: March 27,2012
NATCHEZ — Biofuels company KiOR says it will locate its second Mississippi production facility in Natchez, a move that will create 300 jobs.
The Natchez Democrat reports the facility will be built on a 120-acre tract of land comprised of the former Belwood Country Club. The company had originally announced the facility would be located in Newton.
The announcement was made during the company’s fourth-quarter investors’ conference call yesterday. CEO Fred Cannon said logistical, infrastructure and tax incentives made Natchez the logical choice to locate their facility.
KiOR uses a biofuel production process that uses non-food stock, including wood chips. Cannon said Natchez’s proximity to wood production areas also played a role in the decision to locate there.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Click Boutique revives Hattiesburg downtown retail district
- LNG facility hoping to begin exporting natural gas
- Doctor's murder-for-hire case postponed, mental evaluation pending
- ACLU could sue over state's new school prayer law
- District at Eastover construction to start later this year
- Hatchery releases largemouth bass fingerlings in three rivers
- Bill exempting small farms from fuel storage regs passes Senate
- Mayor wants 'trial run' of hotel/restaurant tax next month