KiOR chooses Natchez, not Newton, as site for second plant
Published: March 27,2012
NATCHEZ — Biofuels company KiOR says it will locate its second Mississippi production facility in Natchez, a move that will create 300 jobs.
The Natchez Democrat reports the facility will be built on a 120-acre tract of land comprised of the former Belwood Country Club. The company had originally announced the facility would be located in Newton.
The announcement was made during the company’s fourth-quarter investors’ conference call yesterday. CEO Fred Cannon said logistical, infrastructure and tax incentives made Natchez the logical choice to locate their facility.
KiOR uses a biofuel production process that uses non-food stock, including wood chips. Cannon said Natchez’s proximity to wood production areas also played a role in the decision to locate there.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Tanger Outlets involved in Southaven project
- New Mississippi state highway map is available for the public
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- DAVID DALLAS: Who in the Hell are We?
- J.McLaughlin to open in Highland Village next spring
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- Analysts hail BancorpSouth stock buyback as ‘handsome’ reward for shareholders