Saf-T-Cart expanding operations for second time in five years
by MBJ Staff
Published: March 27,2012
CLARKSDALE — Saf-T-Cart, manufacturer of steel welding carts and storage products for various commercial and industrial applications, is expanding its operations in Clarksdale in order to accommodate an increase in production, according to the Mississippi Development Authority (MDA).
The project represents a company investment of $240,000 and will create 20 new jobs. The company currently employs 55 workers.
“Saf-T-Cart is pleased to announce our second expansion in five years. This has been made possible by having an outstanding team, an aggressive county government interested in growth, and a very supportive state and federal government. We are also fortunate to have a very strong customer base located throughout North America,” said Saf-T-Cart president Jimmy Walker.
The MDA helped facilitate the project by providing funding for improvements to the county-owned building the company occupies. Coahoma County provided assistance for the project, as well.
Saf-T-Cart is a privately held company that was established in 1986. The company manufactures steel welding carts that transport and store oxygen and acetylene tanks, along with a variety of other products.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Mississippi Power CEO's departure due to withholding Kemper information from regulators
- Hosemann revels in victory over Court's redistricting ruling
- LNG facility hoping to begin exporting natural gas
- Tenn. company makes unspecified offer to lease hospital
- Airport's food irradiation business could create new jobs
- In wake of bond issue failure, golf course fights to stay playable
- Nullification and interposition
- Ag officials say late planting reaching historical proportions