Saf-T-Cart expanding operations for second time in five years
by MBJ Staff
Published: March 27,2012
CLARKSDALE — Saf-T-Cart, manufacturer of steel welding carts and storage products for various commercial and industrial applications, is expanding its operations in Clarksdale in order to accommodate an increase in production, according to the Mississippi Development Authority (MDA).
The project represents a company investment of $240,000 and will create 20 new jobs. The company currently employs 55 workers.
“Saf-T-Cart is pleased to announce our second expansion in five years. This has been made possible by having an outstanding team, an aggressive county government interested in growth, and a very supportive state and federal government. We are also fortunate to have a very strong customer base located throughout North America,” said Saf-T-Cart president Jimmy Walker.
The MDA helped facilitate the project by providing funding for improvements to the county-owned building the company occupies. Coahoma County provided assistance for the project, as well.
Saf-T-Cart is a privately held company that was established in 1986. The company manufactures steel welding carts that transport and store oxygen and acetylene tanks, along with a variety of other products.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Jail kitchen supervisor pleads guilty to stealing food
- Warden who lives hundreds of miles from jail resigns
- Ex-MDEQ leader Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Top 10 finalists chosen for C Spire Conerly Trophy
- A BIG CHANGE: New mortgage rules seen bringing increase in pricey mobile home loans
- State’s new banking chief Charlotte Corley has deep roots in the business
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- DAVID DALLAS: Savor this Thanksgiving and be grateful
- BankPlus recognized for alternative program to payday lending