Amelot-Holmes, Conn opening new Anjou Restaurant
by MBJ Staff
Published: March 28,2012
RIDGELAND — French native and longtime Jacksonian Anne Amelot-Holmes and David Conn, owner of Amerigo, Char and Sombra, are opening Anjou Restaurant, coming to The Township at Colony Park. Anjou will offer a casual yet classic bistro dining experience featuring foods of France.
“I’ve been in the restaurant business since I was born,” Amelot-Holmes said.
Her father, Christian Amelot, a graduate of Savoie Léman culinary school, was executive chef for the French foreign minister and worked at several well-known French restaurants before moving his family to the United States in 1984. Settling in Jackson, Christian became executive chef at Sundancer Restaurant in Highland Village and is currently the executive chef for U.S. Foods.
Wanting to follow in her father’s footsteps, Anne returned to her hometown of La Ferté Bernard, France, in 1994 and began managing the Hotel & Restaurant Le Climat. She returned to Jackson three years later and spent 10 years at Nick’s, working her way up from server to become the restaurant’s general manager.
In 2010, Anne took a hiatus from restaurants so she and her husband, Warren, could welcome the birth of their child, Gabrielle.
Last year, she became the sales and marketing manager for Amerigo, Char, and Sombra, which began her association with Conn.
Conn said, “Anne’s love of food and her dedication to service will be the cornerstone of this new restaurant.”
Jack Adams, former chef of Delta Fresh Market and Doe’s Eat Place, will helm the kitchen and work closely with Anne’s father on the menu, which will offer a modern, fresh take on classic French cooking. The bar will be wine-focused, with a spotlight on the legendary wine regions of Anne’s birthplace. The restaurant itself, located in the former AJ’s on the Lake, will be given a sprucing up by architect Brent Barron and designer Keva Yurtkuran.
Anjou Restaurant is slated to open in late April.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- (UPDATE) Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- JOSH MABUS — Inbound marketing is fueled by wishful thinking
- 2014 a good year for filmmaking in Mississippi
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Doug Dale’s self-awareness helps lift him to top of his game
- PHIL HARDWICK: When Bill Cooley talks, people listen
- MBJ Business Woman of the Year Top 10
- Ex-prison boss and businessman admit to bribery scheme
- ASA postmortem: industrial recruiting is a constant cycle of death and life
- Meet the MBJ's Businesswoman of the Year — Rosemary Smith, a business hotshot