Ergon expanding facilities, operations within Appalachian Basin
by MBJ Staff
Published: March 28,2012
JACKSON — Ergon Inc. is expanding its subsidiary facilities and operations within the Appalachian Basin. The expansion will enable Ergon companies to handle increased liquid production as drilling increases throughout the Marcellus and Utica Shale areas.
Ergon’s refinery in Newell, W.V., and its terminal facilities in Magnolia and Marietta, Ohio, will add additional storage tanks and infrastructure for an increase in overall storage capacity. Construction at these locations is expected to begin during the second quarter of 2012 and be completed first quarter 2013.
In addition, Ergon’s midstream companies (Magnolia Marine Transport Company, Ergon Trucking Inc., Ergon – West Virginia Inc., and Ergon Oil Purchasing Inc.) will expand their logistics capabilities, adding assets that will increase their ability to gather and transport liquids throughout the eastern United States.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Andrew Adams helps grow Addicus
- Grand juries charge seven with election violations
- Dak Prescott's autograph fetches a pretty penny
- Butler Snow names Crockoft new office director
- Farm theft investigation recovers $200K in stolen equipment
- MISSISSIPPI RISING: Time to sell the image
- C Spire wins national award, cash prize for marketing analytics