Ergon expanding facilities, operations within Appalachian Basin
by MBJ Staff
Published: March 28,2012
JACKSON — Ergon Inc. is expanding its subsidiary facilities and operations within the Appalachian Basin. The expansion will enable Ergon companies to handle increased liquid production as drilling increases throughout the Marcellus and Utica Shale areas.
Ergon’s refinery in Newell, W.V., and its terminal facilities in Magnolia and Marietta, Ohio, will add additional storage tanks and infrastructure for an increase in overall storage capacity. Construction at these locations is expected to begin during the second quarter of 2012 and be completed first quarter 2013.
In addition, Ergon’s midstream companies (Magnolia Marine Transport Company, Ergon Trucking Inc., Ergon – West Virginia Inc., and Ergon Oil Purchasing Inc.) will expand their logistics capabilities, adding assets that will increase their ability to gather and transport liquids throughout the eastern United States.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- Hood clarifies opinion on open-carry gun law
- Expert on airlines predicts Jackson-Evers will keep remaining carriers
- MAN OF STEEL: Madhu Ranade leading Severstal Columbus
- Alumni-couple donate $12.3M to Mississippi State
- Town given Obamacare insurance break, but faces additional costs in 2015
- Officials hand mayor projects list totaling $57.7M
- Public meeting called to mull future of convention center
- Court to hear case involving alligators and ExxonMobil
- C Spire launches next phase of 1-gig service rollout