Ergon expanding facilities, operations within Appalachian Basin
by MBJ Staff
Published: March 28,2012
JACKSON — Ergon Inc. is expanding its subsidiary facilities and operations within the Appalachian Basin. The expansion will enable Ergon companies to handle increased liquid production as drilling increases throughout the Marcellus and Utica Shale areas.
Ergon’s refinery in Newell, W.V., and its terminal facilities in Magnolia and Marietta, Ohio, will add additional storage tanks and infrastructure for an increase in overall storage capacity. Construction at these locations is expected to begin during the second quarter of 2012 and be completed first quarter 2013.
In addition, Ergon’s midstream companies (Magnolia Marine Transport Company, Ergon Trucking Inc., Ergon – West Virginia Inc., and Ergon Oil Purchasing Inc.) will expand their logistics capabilities, adding assets that will increase their ability to gather and transport liquids throughout the eastern United States.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Jail kitchen supervisor pleads guilty to stealing food
- Warden who lives hundreds of miles from jail resigns
- A BIG CHANGE: New mortgage rules seen bringing increase in pricey mobile home loans
- Top 10 finalists chosen for C Spire Conerly Trophy
- Ex-MDEQ leader Fisher joins Butler Snow
- State’s new banking chief Charlotte Corley has deep roots in the business
- DAVID DALLAS: Savor this Thanksgiving and be grateful
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- BankPlus recognized for alternative program to payday lending