Ergon expanding facilities, operations within Appalachian Basin
by MBJ Staff
Published: March 28,2012
JACKSON — Ergon Inc. is expanding its subsidiary facilities and operations within the Appalachian Basin. The expansion will enable Ergon companies to handle increased liquid production as drilling increases throughout the Marcellus and Utica Shale areas.
Ergon’s refinery in Newell, W.V., and its terminal facilities in Magnolia and Marietta, Ohio, will add additional storage tanks and infrastructure for an increase in overall storage capacity. Construction at these locations is expected to begin during the second quarter of 2012 and be completed first quarter 2013.
In addition, Ergon’s midstream companies (Magnolia Marine Transport Company, Ergon Trucking Inc., Ergon – West Virginia Inc., and Ergon Oil Purchasing Inc.) will expand their logistics capabilities, adding assets that will increase their ability to gather and transport liquids throughout the eastern United States.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job