Ergon expanding facilities, operations within Appalachian Basin
by MBJ Staff
Published: March 28,2012
JACKSON — Ergon Inc. is expanding its subsidiary facilities and operations within the Appalachian Basin. The expansion will enable Ergon companies to handle increased liquid production as drilling increases throughout the Marcellus and Utica Shale areas.
Ergon’s refinery in Newell, W.V., and its terminal facilities in Magnolia and Marietta, Ohio, will add additional storage tanks and infrastructure for an increase in overall storage capacity. Construction at these locations is expected to begin during the second quarter of 2012 and be completed first quarter 2013.
In addition, Ergon’s midstream companies (Magnolia Marine Transport Company, Ergon Trucking Inc., Ergon – West Virginia Inc., and Ergon Oil Purchasing Inc.) will expand their logistics capabilities, adding assets that will increase their ability to gather and transport liquids throughout the eastern United States.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- ‘Little Boogaloo’ Eden Brent happy singing the blues
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal
- Hole-by-hole look at Sanderson Farms Championship course at CCJ