Unannounced, mystery sand-drying plant recruiting workers
Published: March 28,2012
PICAYUNE — A company building a sand-drying plant to service the oil industry will be taking applications Friday and Saturday for 40 to 50 jobs.
The job recruiting will take place at Picayune City Hall.
The Picayune Item reports Alliance Consulting Group, LLC has advertised in the newspaper for a plant manager, laboratory manager, production supervisors, instrumentation-electrical technicians, mechanics, laboratory technicians and office workers.
The plant is being located on a 30-acre site between Nicholson and Picayune.
The newspaper reports that, so far, there has been no public announcement by the company or county or Picayune city officials about the industry.
Alliance Consulting Group’s two advertisements in the Picayune Item were a public notice about its application with the Mississippi Department of Environmental Quality for what is called a “pre-permit construction approval application” for what the notice calls the “Picayune Sand Drying Facility.”
The company said in its advertisement that the facility “is designed to dry, screen, clean, refine, store and ship sand material for the oil industry nationwide.”
The advertisement said the company is operating in compliance with MDEQ regulations and the “environmental impact will be minimal as the utmost care has been given to the facility design.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS — Roger Wicker: Profile in discouragement
- BILL CRAWFORD — More jobs, but fewer with jobs, huh?
- ANITA MODAK-TRURAN — Mississippi’s motion picture renaissance
- Tommy Robertson indicted on five counts of embezzlement
- Despite obstacles, craft beer industry growing
- Jackson’s Landmark Center slated for mixed-use conversion
- Finding your flexible space — Regus banks on high demand for customizable work spaces
- Miss. children's hospital plans $150 million expansion
- State's ventures into alt-fuel markets net few jobs