Victory acquires stores, accounts from Cloutier Oil
Published: March 29,2012
NATCHEZ and RIDGELAND — Ridgeland-based Victory Properties has bought 11 convenience stores and nine dealer accounts of Cloutier Oil in Natchez.
Lawrie Cloutier, owner of Cloutier Oil, tells the Natchez Democrat the sale was completed March 19. Terms were not disclosed.
Cloutier Oil was started Oct. 1, 1958, and originally served commercial businesses that had fuel tanks that needed refilling.
Starting in 1984, the company expanded into convenience stores.
Cloutier said it was involved in the development convenience stores with more than 100 employees. Most of the stores sold petroleum products produced by Shell Oil.
Cloutier Oil weathered the oil allocations of the 1970s, saw the business transition from mechanical and manual to digital distribution and joined in the convenience store change from full-service to self-service.
“What we found is that we were much better at the convenience business than the consumer business,” Cloutier said. “We wouldn’t have made it this long if we hadn’t changed with the times.”
Victory Properties, also a Shell distributor, will take over convenience store operations in Natchez, Woodville, Meridian, Forest, Port Gibson, Fayette and Bude in Mississippi and Vidalia, Jonesville and Ferriday in Louisiana.
“I am thankful I was able to sell to fellow Shell Oil Company distributors to be able to keep the Shell brand in southwest Mississippi,” Cloutier said.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- TECH 21 — Mississippi's most wanted in technology
- Circuit clerks question how to get records to McDaniel's trial
- PEDIGREE dog food recalled; might contain metal fragments
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- R.J. Allen ranked as fastest-growing company in Mississippi
- Judicial candidates put on ballot after rejection of challenges
- Tragedy for Jackson Prep: Football player Walker Wilbanks dies
- DAVID DALLAS — Mississippi needs one university
- MSU receives funding for two proposals aimed at boosting NASA missions