Brown named to Council
by MBJ Staff
Published: April 1,2012
Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity Inc. has named Dr. M. Christopher Brown II as one of its newest members on the World Policy Council established in 1996 to expand the fraternity’s involvement in social issues and global policy. Brown’s appointment officially began March 29 during the World Policy Council’s meeting in Washington, D.C.
Brown is a recognized leader in higher education, with meticulous knowledge in land-grant institutions and HBCUs. He is author of more than a dozen books and a sought after speaker on issues incident to education and public policy.
Brown has received numerous awards, recognitions and appointments including his selection last year to serve on the president’s advisory council for the American Commonwealth Project.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- Peoples Bank reports quarterly loss due to bad loans
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal