Brown named to Council
by MBJ Staff
Published: April 1,2012
Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity Inc. has named Dr. M. Christopher Brown II as one of its newest members on the World Policy Council established in 1996 to expand the fraternity’s involvement in social issues and global policy. Brown’s appointment officially began March 29 during the World Policy Council’s meeting in Washington, D.C.
Brown is a recognized leader in higher education, with meticulous knowledge in land-grant institutions and HBCUs. He is author of more than a dozen books and a sought after speaker on issues incident to education and public policy.
Brown has received numerous awards, recognitions and appointments including his selection last year to serve on the president’s advisory council for the American Commonwealth Project.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Source: Bryant has offered Glenn McCullough MDA job
- COMMERCIAL FINANCE 701: Loans disguised as government bonds (BOANs)
- (WITH VIDEO) Funding secured for Capitol Art Lofts in downtown Jackson
- PHIL HARDWICK: The third grade reading gate, book buddies and school principals
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- TRANSITION AT THE MDA — Is Mississippi better off than it was 3 years ago?
- College Board names Glenn Boyce as higher education chief
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- THE SPIN CYCLE — Key results from Pew’s social media survey