Brown named to Council
by MBJ Staff
Published: April 1,2012
Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity Inc. has named Dr. M. Christopher Brown II as one of its newest members on the World Policy Council established in 1996 to expand the fraternity’s involvement in social issues and global policy. Brown’s appointment officially began March 29 during the World Policy Council’s meeting in Washington, D.C.
Brown is a recognized leader in higher education, with meticulous knowledge in land-grant institutions and HBCUs. He is author of more than a dozen books and a sought after speaker on issues incident to education and public policy.
Brown has received numerous awards, recognitions and appointments including his selection last year to serve on the president’s advisory council for the American Commonwealth Project.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Ex-state employee gets jail time for embezzling from school
- Madison's Christmas on Ice will not take place this year
- SPECIAL REPORT: Land may hold key to Jackson airport’s success
- Ex-judge disciplined, but not barred, by Supreme Court
- Gunn: State's GOP needs to heal after Senate primary battle
- Bank welcomes Little
- USM Foundation sees second-highest fundraising total in history
- SPECIAL REPORT: A savvy pro is sought for Jackson airport's CEO