Brown named to Council
by MBJ Staff
Published: April 1,2012
Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity Inc. has named Dr. M. Christopher Brown II as one of its newest members on the World Policy Council established in 1996 to expand the fraternity’s involvement in social issues and global policy. Brown’s appointment officially began March 29 during the World Policy Council’s meeting in Washington, D.C.
Brown is a recognized leader in higher education, with meticulous knowledge in land-grant institutions and HBCUs. He is author of more than a dozen books and a sought after speaker on issues incident to education and public policy.
Brown has received numerous awards, recognitions and appointments including his selection last year to serve on the president’s advisory council for the American Commonwealth Project.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: Mr. McDaniel goes to Washington
- Judge to hear from True the Vote as McDaniel attempts to overturn loss to Cochran
- Moon River Foods creating 100 jobs in Mississippi Delta
- Weyerhaeuser investing $57M to modernize lumber mill
- Google chooses Mad Genius as example of Internet use
- Two BancorpSouth mergers delayed by federal inquiries
- Health officials identify another case of chikungunya virus
- Biloxi council approves $29M contract for baseball stadium construction
- Wasted away — Margaritaville in Biloxi to close by Sept. 19
- Cochran continues to question EPA over new regulations