Airgas buys Hattiesburg welding supplier for undisclosed sum
by MBJ Staff
Published: April 2,2012
HATTIESBURG — Industrial and specialty gas distributor Airgas Inc. has bought a Mississippi-based gas company, expanding its distribution network in three southern states.
Airgas did not disclose the price it paid for Industrial Welding Supplies of Hattiesburg, LLC, which does business as Nordan Smith. The privately held Hattiesburg-based company distributes gasses for industrial and medical customers, as does Airgas. Airgas also sells welding equipment and supplies.
The acquisition will add more than 110 employees to Airgas, the company said.
Nordan Smith has 17 locations throughout Mississippi, Arkansas, and Alabama. It also has more than $30 million in annual revenue, Airgas said.
Airgas said it will integrate six of the Nordan Smith locations into its “Mid South” region, which serves customers in Oklahoma, Arkansas, Kansas, northern Texas, Missouri, northern Louisiana, western Tennessee, and northwest Mississippi.
Airgas said the other 11 locations will be integrated into its “South” region, which serves Florida, Georgia, Alabama, Mississippi and Tennessee.
Those regions are two of the 12 regions that make up Airgas’ distribution network.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Hood clarifies opinion on open-carry gun law
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- Expert on airlines predicts Jackson-Evers will keep remaining carriers
- C Spire launches next phase of 1-gig service rollout
- Court to hear case involving alligators and ExxonMobil
- MAN OF STEEL: Madhu Ranade leading Severstal Columbus
- Alcorn's finances being investigated; CFO resigns
- Officials hand mayor projects list totaling $57.7M
- Public meeting called to mull future of convention center
- Town given Obamacare insurance break, but faces additional costs in 2015