Airgas buys Hattiesburg welding supplier for undisclosed sum
by MBJ Staff
Published: April 2,2012
HATTIESBURG — Industrial and specialty gas distributor Airgas Inc. has bought a Mississippi-based gas company, expanding its distribution network in three southern states.
Airgas did not disclose the price it paid for Industrial Welding Supplies of Hattiesburg, LLC, which does business as Nordan Smith. The privately held Hattiesburg-based company distributes gasses for industrial and medical customers, as does Airgas. Airgas also sells welding equipment and supplies.
The acquisition will add more than 110 employees to Airgas, the company said.
Nordan Smith has 17 locations throughout Mississippi, Arkansas, and Alabama. It also has more than $30 million in annual revenue, Airgas said.
Airgas said it will integrate six of the Nordan Smith locations into its “Mid South” region, which serves customers in Oklahoma, Arkansas, Kansas, northern Texas, Missouri, northern Louisiana, western Tennessee, and northwest Mississippi.
Airgas said the other 11 locations will be integrated into its “South” region, which serves Florida, Georgia, Alabama, Mississippi and Tennessee.
Those regions are two of the 12 regions that make up Airgas’ distribution network.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Andrew Adams helps grow Addicus
- Grand juries charge seven with election violations
- Dak Prescott's autograph fetches a pretty penny
- Butler Snow names Crockoft new office director
- Farm theft investigation recovers $200K in stolen equipment
- MISSISSIPPI RISING: Time to sell the image
- C Spire wins national award, cash prize for marketing analytics