Airgas buys Hattiesburg welding supplier for undisclosed sum
by MBJ Staff
Published: April 2,2012
HATTIESBURG — Industrial and specialty gas distributor Airgas Inc. has bought a Mississippi-based gas company, expanding its distribution network in three southern states.
Airgas did not disclose the price it paid for Industrial Welding Supplies of Hattiesburg, LLC, which does business as Nordan Smith. The privately held Hattiesburg-based company distributes gasses for industrial and medical customers, as does Airgas. Airgas also sells welding equipment and supplies.
The acquisition will add more than 110 employees to Airgas, the company said.
Nordan Smith has 17 locations throughout Mississippi, Arkansas, and Alabama. It also has more than $30 million in annual revenue, Airgas said.
Airgas said it will integrate six of the Nordan Smith locations into its “Mid South” region, which serves customers in Oklahoma, Arkansas, Kansas, northern Texas, Missouri, northern Louisiana, western Tennessee, and northwest Mississippi.
Airgas said the other 11 locations will be integrated into its “South” region, which serves Florida, Georgia, Alabama, Mississippi and Tennessee.
Those regions are two of the 12 regions that make up Airgas’ distribution network.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Tanger Outlets involved in Southaven project
- DAVID DALLAS: Who in the Hell are We?
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- J.McLaughlin to open in Highland Village next spring
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- New Mississippi state highway map is available for the public
- Analysts hail BancorpSouth stock buyback as ‘handsome’ reward for shareholders