Airgas buys Hattiesburg welding supplier for undisclosed sum
by MBJ Staff
Published: April 2,2012
HATTIESBURG — Industrial and specialty gas distributor Airgas Inc. has bought a Mississippi-based gas company, expanding its distribution network in three southern states.
Airgas did not disclose the price it paid for Industrial Welding Supplies of Hattiesburg, LLC, which does business as Nordan Smith. The privately held Hattiesburg-based company distributes gasses for industrial and medical customers, as does Airgas. Airgas also sells welding equipment and supplies.
The acquisition will add more than 110 employees to Airgas, the company said.
Nordan Smith has 17 locations throughout Mississippi, Arkansas, and Alabama. It also has more than $30 million in annual revenue, Airgas said.
Airgas said it will integrate six of the Nordan Smith locations into its “Mid South” region, which serves customers in Oklahoma, Arkansas, Kansas, northern Texas, Missouri, northern Louisiana, western Tennessee, and northwest Mississippi.
Airgas said the other 11 locations will be integrated into its “South” region, which serves Florida, Georgia, Alabama, Mississippi and Tennessee.
Those regions are two of the 12 regions that make up Airgas’ distribution network.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Seafood R’evolution set to make Mississippi ‘the new culinary epicenter of the South’
- Yarber could be sworn in today as new Jackson mayor
- After review, MSU moves forward on new research facility
- Ole Miss launches commitment to be 'climate neutral'
- Pharma Pac lays off rest of workers; could end up owing state
- SpaceX, Stennis officially open new rocket test stand
- Acco Brands investing $1.6M, adding 162 workers
- Gulf LNG terminal mulling export opportunities
- Secretary of State's Office transitioning to new location