Airgas buys Hattiesburg welding supplier for undisclosed sum
by MBJ Staff
Published: April 2,2012
HATTIESBURG — Industrial and specialty gas distributor Airgas Inc. has bought a Mississippi-based gas company, expanding its distribution network in three southern states.
Airgas did not disclose the price it paid for Industrial Welding Supplies of Hattiesburg, LLC, which does business as Nordan Smith. The privately held Hattiesburg-based company distributes gasses for industrial and medical customers, as does Airgas. Airgas also sells welding equipment and supplies.
The acquisition will add more than 110 employees to Airgas, the company said.
Nordan Smith has 17 locations throughout Mississippi, Arkansas, and Alabama. It also has more than $30 million in annual revenue, Airgas said.
Airgas said it will integrate six of the Nordan Smith locations into its “Mid South” region, which serves customers in Oklahoma, Arkansas, Kansas, northern Texas, Missouri, northern Louisiana, western Tennessee, and northwest Mississippi.
Airgas said the other 11 locations will be integrated into its “South” region, which serves Florida, Georgia, Alabama, Mississippi and Tennessee.
Those regions are two of the 12 regions that make up Airgas’ distribution network.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- District at Eastover construction to start later this year
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- With no interim, board begins hunt for MVSU president
- LNG facility hoping to begin exporting natural gas
- Supervisors to talk with trustees about selling hospital
- Ex-Northwest Rankin coach David Coates dies before drug trial
- The link between education and economic development
- WOODS: Time to put gloves on for handgrabbing