Creditor looking to buy bankrupt Grand Soleil, casino property
Published: April 2,2012
NATCHEZ — Bankruptcy court filings show that a creditor is buying the Grand Soleil Hotel and proposed casino property for about $5.6 million.
The Natchez Democrat reports RJB Financing, LLC will pay with about $4.1 million cash and a $1.5 million letter of credit.
In May 2011, businesses reportedly owed a total of $1.6 million petitioned to force Grand Soleil into involuntary Chapter 7 bankruptcy. The resort began voluntary Chapter 11 reorganization in bankruptcy court in August.
Grand Soleil’s bankruptcy proceedings followed recent years of financial woes and a failed attempt to develop a casino.
Rick Lindsley, CFOof Grand Soleil, LLC, says that for now, the hotel will operate as usual and will soon be renamed Vue Hotel and Restaurant.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- WILLOUGHBY: Mayo Flynt leads AT&T Mississippi by enjoying both work and workers
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Gary Herring building tomorrow by educating today
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years