Creditor looking to buy bankrupt Grand Soleil, casino property
Published: April 2,2012
NATCHEZ — Bankruptcy court filings show that a creditor is buying the Grand Soleil Hotel and proposed casino property for about $5.6 million.
The Natchez Democrat reports RJB Financing, LLC will pay with about $4.1 million cash and a $1.5 million letter of credit.
In May 2011, businesses reportedly owed a total of $1.6 million petitioned to force Grand Soleil into involuntary Chapter 7 bankruptcy. The resort began voluntary Chapter 11 reorganization in bankruptcy court in August.
Grand Soleil’s bankruptcy proceedings followed recent years of financial woes and a failed attempt to develop a casino.
Rick Lindsley, CFOof Grand Soleil, LLC, says that for now, the hotel will operate as usual and will soon be renamed Vue Hotel and Restaurant.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Canadian company purchasing Southern Lumber for nearly $50M
- Winchester lands $50M ammunition contract from Homeland Security
- Lawmakers question education leaders about escalating administrative costs
- Deer processors need to use caution to insure safe, tasty venison
- Peavey Electronics reorganizing under new globalization plan
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters
- Columbia Parachute expanding, relocating to BusinessPlex
- Tourism conference being held on Coast; industry to ask state for more money
- C Spire completes acquisition of MegaGate Broadband