Creditor looking to buy bankrupt Grand Soleil, casino property
Published: April 2,2012
NATCHEZ — Bankruptcy court filings show that a creditor is buying the Grand Soleil Hotel and proposed casino property for about $5.6 million.
The Natchez Democrat reports RJB Financing, LLC will pay with about $4.1 million cash and a $1.5 million letter of credit.
In May 2011, businesses reportedly owed a total of $1.6 million petitioned to force Grand Soleil into involuntary Chapter 7 bankruptcy. The resort began voluntary Chapter 11 reorganization in bankruptcy court in August.
Grand Soleil’s bankruptcy proceedings followed recent years of financial woes and a failed attempt to develop a casino.
Rick Lindsley, CFOof Grand Soleil, LLC, says that for now, the hotel will operate as usual and will soon be renamed Vue Hotel and Restaurant.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- (UPDATE) Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- 2014 a good year for filmmaking in Mississippi
- JOSH MABUS — Inbound marketing is fueled by wishful thinking
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Doug Dale’s self-awareness helps lift him to top of his game
- PHIL HARDWICK: When Bill Cooley talks, people listen
- Ex-prison boss and businessman admit to bribery scheme
- MBJ Business Woman of the Year Top 10
- Kemper plant employee gag order continued
- ASA postmortem: industrial recruiting is a constant cycle of death and life