Creditor looking to buy bankrupt Grand Soleil, casino property
Published: April 2,2012
NATCHEZ — Bankruptcy court filings show that a creditor is buying the Grand Soleil Hotel and proposed casino property for about $5.6 million.
The Natchez Democrat reports RJB Financing, LLC will pay with about $4.1 million cash and a $1.5 million letter of credit.
In May 2011, businesses reportedly owed a total of $1.6 million petitioned to force Grand Soleil into involuntary Chapter 7 bankruptcy. The resort began voluntary Chapter 11 reorganization in bankruptcy court in August.
Grand Soleil’s bankruptcy proceedings followed recent years of financial woes and a failed attempt to develop a casino.
Rick Lindsley, CFOof Grand Soleil, LLC, says that for now, the hotel will operate as usual and will soon be renamed Vue Hotel and Restaurant.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- ANITA MODAK-TRURAN — Mississippi’s motion picture renaissance
- Entergy gives solar a shot
- Challenging times ahead for Pearl’s manufactured home residents, apartment complex owners
- Critics say Pearl out to eliminate mobile homes and apartments – not safeguard them
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- State Sen. McDaniel traveling Mississippi to promote PAC
- Despite obstacles, craft beer industry growing
- (VIDEO) DON GLIDEWELL — The threat of cyber crime to businesses is real