Creditor looking to buy bankrupt Grand Soleil, casino property
Published: April 2,2012
NATCHEZ — Bankruptcy court filings show that a creditor is buying the Grand Soleil Hotel and proposed casino property for about $5.6 million.
The Natchez Democrat reports RJB Financing, LLC will pay with about $4.1 million cash and a $1.5 million letter of credit.
In May 2011, businesses reportedly owed a total of $1.6 million petitioned to force Grand Soleil into involuntary Chapter 7 bankruptcy. The resort began voluntary Chapter 11 reorganization in bankruptcy court in August.
Grand Soleil’s bankruptcy proceedings followed recent years of financial woes and a failed attempt to develop a casino.
Rick Lindsley, CFOof Grand Soleil, LLC, says that for now, the hotel will operate as usual and will soon be renamed Vue Hotel and Restaurant.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Molpus closes Fund after more than $662M in commitments
- Realtors chooses Nita Wingard
- DeSoto County Supervisor Lee dies in ATV accident on his birthday
- No debate, but Cochran and Childers lobby for votes for Senate
- Entergy agrees to cut $35M from its new rate plan
- Politics of paying for transportation: Hand wringing and a lot of talk
- MSU reminding fans that drones are prohibited at football games
- Ford Foundation gives to UM for new science building
- Kemper County plant will cost at least another $496M to complete