Delta Fuel expanding in-state footprint, planning to leave Louisiana
by Associated Press
Published: April 2,2012
NATCHEZ — Two long-time Miss-Lou oil distributors have recently been bought out, but one of the buyers is expanding its market share in Mississippi and making plans to move out of Louisiana.
Delta Fuel Co. Inc. recently bought the wholesale side of Independent Oil and Coal Co., and has leased the bulk plant of Cloutier Oil, a company recently bought by Victory Properties, The Natchez Democrat reported.
Independent Oil will continue to operate convenience stores, owner Charles Zuccaro said.
“We are not looking to move from where we are,” Zuccaro said. “We have six stores, and we are going to expand that within 150 miles of Natchez.”
Delta Fuels CEO Clint Vegas said leased the Cloutier plant for a base in Adams County. Ultimately, he said, he wants to move from Ferriday because last year’s high water convinced him the company needs higher ground.
“The high water last year gave us a thrill,” Vegas said. “I had $700,000 worth of oil out there, and you can’t move it. If the high water had hit me, I would have lost it and probably been sued for the mess.”
Delta Fuels officially took over the Cloutier plant yesterday and has been operating at Independent Oil for the last 30 days, Vegas said.
While being located at the Cloutier plant, Vegas said Delta would ultimately look for a more permanent location.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- BBB issues warning involving asphalt paving scam
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Mississippi State makes NSF ranking of research universities
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- TVA president/CEO Johnson tours Techumseh, Yokohama plants
- Sawtimber, pulpwood markets improving, but challenges remain
- News The Way You Want It!