PSC fines Arizona telemarketer for ‘No-Call’ violations
by MBJ Staff
Published: April 3,2012
JACKSON — Public Service Commissioner Brandon Presley (D-Nettleton) reports the Mississippi Public Service Commission has fined Greatest Virtual Offices, LLC of Phoenix, Ariz., $45,000 for violations of the Mississippi “No-Call” law and rules associated with enforcing the law.
Presley said Greatest Virtual Offices violated the “No-Call” law by failing to register and purchase the State’s “No-Call” list and for contacting consumers that had registered on the “No-Call” list.
The company shall be prohibited from making any calls as a telephone solicitor and purchasing the Do Not Call List in the State of Mississippi until said fine is paid in full, according to Presley.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “PSC fines Arizona telemarketer for ‘No-Call’ violations”
Top Posts & Pages
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Click Boutique revives Hattiesburg downtown retail district
- Mississippi Power CEO's departure due to withholding Kemper information from regulators
- Hosemann revels in victory over Court's redistricting ruling
- LNG facility hoping to begin exporting natural gas
- Nullification and interposition
- Tenn. company makes unspecified offer to lease hospital
- Doctor's murder-for-hire case postponed, mental evaluation pending
- Airport's food irradiation business could create new jobs