PSC fines Arizona telemarketer for ‘No-Call’ violations
by MBJ Staff
Published: April 3,2012
JACKSON — Public Service Commissioner Brandon Presley (D-Nettleton) reports the Mississippi Public Service Commission has fined Greatest Virtual Offices, LLC of Phoenix, Ariz., $45,000 for violations of the Mississippi “No-Call” law and rules associated with enforcing the law.
Presley said Greatest Virtual Offices violated the “No-Call” law by failing to register and purchase the State’s “No-Call” list and for contacting consumers that had registered on the “No-Call” list.
The company shall be prohibited from making any calls as a telephone solicitor and purchasing the Do Not Call List in the State of Mississippi until said fine is paid in full, according to Presley.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “PSC fines Arizona telemarketer for ‘No-Call’ violations”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- Woman found guilty of murder in buttocks injection case
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- MBJ Special report: MDA numbers help with cities’ retail pitches
- COO of TL Wallace Construction keeps eye on revenue growth and profits