City hires firm to market former Dillard’s Building
by MBJ Staff
Published: April 4,2012
JACKSON — The Overby Company has been selected by the City of Jackson to assist with the comprehensive marketing and development of the former Dillard’s Building.The Overby Company will list the price of the site based on its marketability, similar sales in the area and statutory requirements, recommend a projected timeline for the sale and develop a marketing plan for the sale of the property.
“We are confident in the Overby Company’s experience,” said Mayor Harvey Johnson Jr. “We hope to have the former Dillard’s building back on the tax roles as a result of this move.”
The decision was based, in part on the Overby Company’s local knowledge of the market, wealth of experience and broad network.
There are no upfront costs for the city. However, the Overby Company will receive 8 percent commission from the sale of the former Dillard’s building.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Counties ‘hoping to get it right’ as they await Tuscaloosa Marine shale boom
- PSC’s Mississippi Power probe continues as regulators mull next move
- Department of Environmental Quality developing water sources plan
- Stabenow, Cochran brace for full Senate vote on Farm Bill
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Click Boutique revives Hattiesburg downtown retail district
- District at Eastover construction to start later this year
- Stacey Pickering wins Patriot Award
- Officials hoping quail numbers will rebound