City hires firm to market former Dillard’s Building
by MBJ Staff
Published: April 4,2012
JACKSON — The Overby Company has been selected by the City of Jackson to assist with the comprehensive marketing and development of the former Dillard’s Building.The Overby Company will list the price of the site based on its marketability, similar sales in the area and statutory requirements, recommend a projected timeline for the sale and develop a marketing plan for the sale of the property.
“We are confident in the Overby Company’s experience,” said Mayor Harvey Johnson Jr. “We hope to have the former Dillard’s building back on the tax roles as a result of this move.”
The decision was based, in part on the Overby Company’s local knowledge of the market, wealth of experience and broad network.
There are no upfront costs for the city. However, the Overby Company will receive 8 percent commission from the sale of the former Dillard’s building.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- Woman found guilty of murder in buttocks injection case
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Mike Morgan has calmness of mind
- More than a dozen school districts sue state over funding