City hires firm to market former Dillard’s Building
by MBJ Staff
Published: April 4,2012
JACKSON — The Overby Company has been selected by the City of Jackson to assist with the comprehensive marketing and development of the former Dillard’s Building.The Overby Company will list the price of the site based on its marketability, similar sales in the area and statutory requirements, recommend a projected timeline for the sale and develop a marketing plan for the sale of the property.
“We are confident in the Overby Company’s experience,” said Mayor Harvey Johnson Jr. “We hope to have the former Dillard’s building back on the tax roles as a result of this move.”
The decision was based, in part on the Overby Company’s local knowledge of the market, wealth of experience and broad network.
There are no upfront costs for the city. However, the Overby Company will receive 8 percent commission from the sale of the former Dillard’s building.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: Mr. McDaniel goes to Washington
- Judge to hear from True the Vote as McDaniel attempts to overturn loss to Cochran
- Weyerhaeuser investing $57M to modernize lumber mill
- Moon River Foods creating 100 jobs in Mississippi Delta
- Google chooses Mad Genius as example of Internet use
- Two BancorpSouth mergers delayed by federal inquiries
- Health officials identify another case of chikungunya virus
- Biloxi council approves $29M contract for baseball stadium construction
- Three indicted, alleged to have embezzled from agency
- Under state probe, All American Check Cashing gets ‘F’ rating from Better Business Bureau