City hires firm to market former Dillard’s Building
by MBJ Staff
Published: April 4,2012
JACKSON — The Overby Company has been selected by the City of Jackson to assist with the comprehensive marketing and development of the former Dillard’s Building.The Overby Company will list the price of the site based on its marketability, similar sales in the area and statutory requirements, recommend a projected timeline for the sale and develop a marketing plan for the sale of the property.
“We are confident in the Overby Company’s experience,” said Mayor Harvey Johnson Jr. “We hope to have the former Dillard’s building back on the tax roles as a result of this move.”
The decision was based, in part on the Overby Company’s local knowledge of the market, wealth of experience and broad network.
There are no upfront costs for the city. However, the Overby Company will receive 8 percent commission from the sale of the former Dillard’s building.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Seafood R’evolution set to make Mississippi ‘the new culinary epicenter of the South’
- Yarber could be sworn in today as new Jackson mayor
- After review, MSU moves forward on new research facility
- Ole Miss launches commitment to be 'climate neutral'
- Pharma Pac lays off rest of workers; could end up owing state
- SpaceX, Stennis officially open new rocket test stand
- Acco Brands investing $1.6M, adding 162 workers
- Gulf LNG terminal mulling export opportunities
- Secretary of State's Office transitioning to new location