Karlson heading EDC
by MBJ Staff
Published: April 8,2012
Cary Karlson, who joined the Delta Economic Development Center (EDC) as interim executive director in February 2012, has been named the permanent executive director. Karlson has lived in Greenville his entire life. He began working at Lina’s Interiors in 1977 after graduating from Delta State University. At Lina’s, he developed a wholesale gift line that sold and distributed product throughout the U.S. Through Lina’s he developed decorative items from Italy, Thailand, China, India and Pakistan with showrooms in Atlanta, Dallas and High Point, N.C.
Karlson sold his interest in Lina’s in 2007, and then did consulting for two years. In 2010, Cary with his wife, Craig, opened Montage Marketplace, an antique mall/gift center on U.S. 82.
Karlson became involved in DEDC, now EDC, in 2011 serving as vice chairman of the executive board until his appointment as interim in February.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Silver Airways ordered to continue service
- Seafood R’evolution set to make Mississippi ‘the new culinary epicenter of the South’
- Bryant signs controversial abortion ban bill
- Two Delta groups getting economic development funding
- Pharma Pac lays off rest of workers; could end up owing state
- Soybean yield more than doubles in less than a decade
- Plans unveiled for large shooting range on Coast
- Ole Miss launches commitment to be 'climate neutral'
- Yarber could be sworn in today as new Jackson mayor
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015