Karlson heading EDC
by MBJ Staff
Published: April 8,2012
Cary Karlson, who joined the Delta Economic Development Center (EDC) as interim executive director in February 2012, has been named the permanent executive director. Karlson has lived in Greenville his entire life. He began working at Lina’s Interiors in 1977 after graduating from Delta State University. At Lina’s, he developed a wholesale gift line that sold and distributed product throughout the U.S. Through Lina’s he developed decorative items from Italy, Thailand, China, India and Pakistan with showrooms in Atlanta, Dallas and High Point, N.C.
Karlson sold his interest in Lina’s in 2007, and then did consulting for two years. In 2010, Cary with his wife, Craig, opened Montage Marketplace, an antique mall/gift center on U.S. 82.
Karlson became involved in DEDC, now EDC, in 2011 serving as vice chairman of the executive board until his appointment as interim in February.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- Peoples Bank reports quarterly loss due to bad loans
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal