Karlson heading EDC
by MBJ Staff
Published: April 8,2012
Cary Karlson, who joined the Delta Economic Development Center (EDC) as interim executive director in February 2012, has been named the permanent executive director. Karlson has lived in Greenville his entire life. He began working at Lina’s Interiors in 1977 after graduating from Delta State University. At Lina’s, he developed a wholesale gift line that sold and distributed product throughout the U.S. Through Lina’s he developed decorative items from Italy, Thailand, China, India and Pakistan with showrooms in Atlanta, Dallas and High Point, N.C.
Karlson sold his interest in Lina’s in 2007, and then did consulting for two years. In 2010, Cary with his wife, Craig, opened Montage Marketplace, an antique mall/gift center on U.S. 82.
Karlson became involved in DEDC, now EDC, in 2011 serving as vice chairman of the executive board until his appointment as interim in February.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Host families prepare for Mississippi Braves’ season
- PHIL HARDWICK: When will Mississippi change its culture?
- Ridgeland property rights tussle is expected to have wide impact
- JOSH MABUS — Mississippi’s Healthcare: Not a quality problem, a marketing problem
- Mississippi takes an incentives licking, keeps on ticking
- (VIDEO) ALAN TURNER: Wilson says he’s ready for elected office
- Choctaws' new hospital nearing completion
- Bill would open hospital meetings, expand records access
- Mississippi furniture makers on rebound with more exports