Karlson heading EDC
by MBJ Staff
Published: April 8,2012
Cary Karlson, who joined the Delta Economic Development Center (EDC) as interim executive director in February 2012, has been named the permanent executive director. Karlson has lived in Greenville his entire life. He began working at Lina’s Interiors in 1977 after graduating from Delta State University. At Lina’s, he developed a wholesale gift line that sold and distributed product throughout the U.S. Through Lina’s he developed decorative items from Italy, Thailand, China, India and Pakistan with showrooms in Atlanta, Dallas and High Point, N.C.
Karlson sold his interest in Lina’s in 2007, and then did consulting for two years. In 2010, Cary with his wife, Craig, opened Montage Marketplace, an antique mall/gift center on U.S. 82.
Karlson became involved in DEDC, now EDC, in 2011 serving as vice chairman of the executive board until his appointment as interim in February.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Mad Genius, Eyevox owner acquires Mississippi Film Studios
- Tragedy for Jackson Prep: Football player Walker Wilbanks dies
- McDaniel files legal arguments as he looks to overturn Cochran loss
- Payday lender, fired executive exchanging blame for lender’s regulatory woes
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- UPDATED: Jackson agrees to repay HUD $1.5 million for Farish Street blunders
- Fitch gives Mississippi Power a negative outlook due to Kemper plant
- Mississippi River mayors announce 'seed money' for waterfront developments
- Payday lender expects clean bill from regulators