Karlson heading EDC
by MBJ Staff
Published: April 8,2012
Cary Karlson, who joined the Delta Economic Development Center (EDC) as interim executive director in February 2012, has been named the permanent executive director. Karlson has lived in Greenville his entire life. He began working at Lina’s Interiors in 1977 after graduating from Delta State University. At Lina’s, he developed a wholesale gift line that sold and distributed product throughout the U.S. Through Lina’s he developed decorative items from Italy, Thailand, China, India and Pakistan with showrooms in Atlanta, Dallas and High Point, N.C.
Karlson sold his interest in Lina’s in 2007, and then did consulting for two years. In 2010, Cary with his wife, Craig, opened Montage Marketplace, an antique mall/gift center on U.S. 82.
Karlson became involved in DEDC, now EDC, in 2011 serving as vice chairman of the executive board until his appointment as interim in February.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- MSU researchers develop timber-management software
- New law on taxing methods hailed as big win for businesses
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- BBB issues warning involving asphalt paving scam
- Running luxury car dealerships, like Mercedes of Jackson, comes naturally to Trudy Higginbotham Moody
- Baker Donelson's David A. Rueff Jr. co-authors guide
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip