Trustees honor Lawrence
by MBJ Staff
Published: April 8,2012
Dr. Mark Lawrence, associate dean and professor at Mississippi State University’s College of Veterinary Medicine, has been honored for his efforts to increase diversity within the veterinary profession.
The Mississippi Board of Trustees of the State Institutions of Higher Learning recently presented Lawrence with the Black History Month Educator of the Year award for Mississippi State University’s Division of Agriculture, Forestry and Veterinary Medicine.
Lawrence holds a bachelor’s degree in veterinary science and a doctor of veterinary medicine degree from Texas A&M University and a doctorate in veterinary microbiology from Louisiana State University. He has worked at the CVM for 14 years and has won numerous awards for research and service.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Stabenow, Cochran brace for full Senate vote on Farm Bill
- District at Eastover construction to start later this year
- Counties ‘hoping to get it right’ as they await Tuscaloosa Marine shale boom
- Ex-Northwest Rankin coach David Coates dies before drug trial
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Keeping Our Eye On Nathan McNeill
- Forward-thinking power companies transform “disruptions” into opportunities
- OUR VIEW: USM makes right call by calling off tornado relief campaign
- WILLOUGHBY: Rubinsky grows First Class Linen from ground up