Trustees honor Lawrence
by MBJ Staff
Published: April 8,2012
Dr. Mark Lawrence, associate dean and professor at Mississippi State University’s College of Veterinary Medicine, has been honored for his efforts to increase diversity within the veterinary profession.
The Mississippi Board of Trustees of the State Institutions of Higher Learning recently presented Lawrence with the Black History Month Educator of the Year award for Mississippi State University’s Division of Agriculture, Forestry and Veterinary Medicine.
Lawrence holds a bachelor’s degree in veterinary science and a doctor of veterinary medicine degree from Texas A&M University and a doctorate in veterinary microbiology from Louisiana State University. He has worked at the CVM for 14 years and has won numerous awards for research and service.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Barbour to lead Butler Snow economic development firm
- Kemper plant employee gag order continued
- (UPDATE) Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- Delta State conference brings renowned speakers
- The leadership styles of President Obama
- (UPDATE) Judge rules on Google request on attorney general inquiry
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Doug Dale’s self-awareness helps lift him to top of his game
- Ex-prison boss and businessman admit to bribery scheme
- Analysis: Lawmakers squabble over election-year tax cuts