Trustees honor Lawrence
by MBJ Staff
Published: April 8,2012
Dr. Mark Lawrence, associate dean and professor at Mississippi State University’s College of Veterinary Medicine, has been honored for his efforts to increase diversity within the veterinary profession.
The Mississippi Board of Trustees of the State Institutions of Higher Learning recently presented Lawrence with the Black History Month Educator of the Year award for Mississippi State University’s Division of Agriculture, Forestry and Veterinary Medicine.
Lawrence holds a bachelor’s degree in veterinary science and a doctor of veterinary medicine degree from Texas A&M University and a doctorate in veterinary microbiology from Louisiana State University. He has worked at the CVM for 14 years and has won numerous awards for research and service.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- UPDATED: House subcommittee tosses discrimination elements from religious freedom bill
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- States settle with manufacturers in DRAM price-fixing case
- Quapaw Canoe Company gains legislative support in battle with tax department
- The link between education and economic development
- Reactive Surfaces files lawsuit against Toyota in patent dispute
- District at Eastover takes shape with financing in place, tenant signings under way
- Expeditors working out logistics to open Jackson office next month