Trustees honor Lawrence
by MBJ Staff
Published: April 8,2012
Dr. Mark Lawrence, associate dean and professor at Mississippi State University’s College of Veterinary Medicine, has been honored for his efforts to increase diversity within the veterinary profession.
The Mississippi Board of Trustees of the State Institutions of Higher Learning recently presented Lawrence with the Black History Month Educator of the Year award for Mississippi State University’s Division of Agriculture, Forestry and Veterinary Medicine.
Lawrence holds a bachelor’s degree in veterinary science and a doctor of veterinary medicine degree from Texas A&M University and a doctorate in veterinary microbiology from Louisiana State University. He has worked at the CVM for 14 years and has won numerous awards for research and service.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- (UPDATED) Making Jackson-Evers affordable to Allegiant is key to regaining Orlando service
- Congressional delegation applauds Air Force's decision on Keesler, but not satisfied
- Deal for Jackson-Orlando flights in works with Allegiant
- County rescinds gun ban; sheriff says lawmakers may 'deal with the consequences'
- Report: Mississippi sees biggest hike in home insurance premiums in U.S.
- Businessman involved in Frankel insurance scam dies at 81
- Giles Ward will not seek reelection to Senate
- Great River Industries moving headquarters to Natchez
- Commission to decide if emergency should be declared in Delta school system
- Leadership in Law nomination form