Trustees honor Lawrence
by MBJ Staff
Published: April 8,2012
Dr. Mark Lawrence, associate dean and professor at Mississippi State University’s College of Veterinary Medicine, has been honored for his efforts to increase diversity within the veterinary profession.
The Mississippi Board of Trustees of the State Institutions of Higher Learning recently presented Lawrence with the Black History Month Educator of the Year award for Mississippi State University’s Division of Agriculture, Forestry and Veterinary Medicine.
Lawrence holds a bachelor’s degree in veterinary science and a doctor of veterinary medicine degree from Texas A&M University and a doctorate in veterinary microbiology from Louisiana State University. He has worked at the CVM for 14 years and has won numerous awards for research and service.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Alumni-couple donate $12.3M to Mississippi State
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- MAN OF STEEL: Madhu Ranade leading Severstal Columbus
- Expert on airlines predicts Jackson-Evers will keep remaining carriers
- Town given Obamacare insurance break, but faces additional costs in 2015
- TRIP releases report on state's crumbling roads, bridges
- Butler Snow Advisory Services adds Jimmy Bailey
- MDA to lead delegation on mission to Europe
- C Spire launches next phase of 1-gig service rollout
- Public meeting called to mull future of convention center