MDA division launches new asset-mapping site
by MBJ Staff
Published: April 11,2012
JACKSON — The Asset Development Division of the Mississippi Development Authority (MDA) has launched an interactive website, assetmap.mississippi.org, to showcase unique assets found in communities throughout Mississippi.
The website pinpoints historic sites, unique businesses, tourist attractions and natural resources found in communities that have undergone MDA’s asset mapping process. The website also highlights markers found along the state’s Blues Trail, Country Music Trail and Culinary Trail. It features a search function enabling visitors to search unique assets within an individual community or on a statewide level.
When a community requests to participate in the asset mapping process, the Asset Development Division organizes teams comprised of people from MDA, the Mississippi Arts Commission, the Mississippi Main Street Association, the Mississippi Department of Environmental Quality, the state’s universities and other partner organizations. Equipped with cameras, maps and GPS devices, the teams explore the communities, taking notes about museums, creative talent, schools, industry, local businesses, natural resources, historical assets and other distinct features. The teams then offer advice to local leaders regarding possible ways to better utilize the unique assets they discovered, including how the community can further capitalize upon them.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Source: Bryant has offered Glenn McCullough MDA job
- College Board names Glenn Boyce as higher education chief
- TRANSITION AT THE MDA — Is Mississippi better off than it was 3 years ago?
- (WITH VIDEO) Funding secured for Capitol Art Lofts in downtown Jackson
- Deepwater Horizon Five Years Later — Restoring the Mississippi coast starts with a strong foundation
- PHIL HARDWICK: The third grade reading gate, book buddies and school principals
- Chancery Court’s interpretation of ‘public use’ will guide ruling on Westin money
- COMMERCIAL FINANCE 701: Loans disguised as government bonds (BOANs)
- THE SPIN CYCLE — Key results from Pew’s social media survey