Another university chooses Bomgar’s remote IT support solution
by MBJ Staff
Published: April 12,2012
JACKSON — Gonzaga University has selected Bomgar’s remote support solution to support students and faculty worldwide.
Gonzaga boasts more than 105 buildings on a 131-acre campus in Spokane, Wash. More than 7,800 students are enrolled at the private liberal arts university, with 40 percent studying abroad at some point during their educational career.
“We have a campus in Florence, Italy, and we support classrooms in refugee camps in Africa,” said Jim Jones, director of IT operations at Gonzaga. “The need to provide real-time support to those in remote locations was a high priority for us.”
Running a lean IT support operation, Gonzaga support agents are responsible for a user base of about 14,000 students, faculty and staff. Team members provide support to Windows, Mac and Linux systems from servers to desktops, as well as smartphones.
“We found that we were spending a lot of time in the field just in travel from site to site for basic desktop repair,” Jones added. “Bomgar was a quick win for us with a huge cost savings in travel time alone. Bomgar allows us to more efficiently and effectively support remote users both around campus and the world.”
Looking ahead, Gonzaga’s IT support department plans to systematically roll out Bomgar to its remaining IT organizations. In addition to IT support, plans are in place to leverage the solution for technician collaboration and hands-on technology training for faculty and staff in a “one-on-one” fashion, all without anyone leaving their desks.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Thousands of acres of Delta farmland to go on auction block
- CSpire offering 1Phone 6, IPhone 6 Plus on Sept. 19
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Board files suit against VA over release of patients' names
- MBJ's Business Marketplace set for Sept. 19 at Mississippi's Trade Mart
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- State's corn crop could set new yield record
- Report ranks state schools' performance 51st in the nation
- Haley Barbour to appear on HBO's Real Time with Bill Maher