Coroner: Omega Protein worker died of blood loss
by Associated Press
Published: April 12,2012
MOSS POINT — Officials say a maintenance worker at a Moss Point seafood plant died from blood loss.
Jackson County Coroner Vicki Broadus tells The Sun Herald 24-year-old Christopher Hebert was caught in a conveyor at Omega Protein Monday. Broadus said he died from loss of blood related to his injuries.
Moss Point police and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration are investigating the accident.
Police have ruled Hebert’s death accidental and no criminal charges will be filed.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Click Boutique revives Hattiesburg downtown retail district
- KEEPING OUR EYE ON: Elizabeth Harris
- TROTTER: Social security claiming strategies
- Small business owners take picture perfect advantages with Instagram
- District at Eastover construction to start later this year
- Nullification and interposition
- Froyo y’all: Couple brings 'delicious' dessert to Delta
- Brown would make history if confirmed as judge