Coroner: Omega Protein worker died of blood loss
Published: April 12,2012
MOSS POINT — Officials say a maintenance worker at a Moss Point seafood plant died from blood loss.
Jackson County Coroner Vicki Broadus tells The Sun Herald 24-year-old Christopher Hebert was caught in a conveyor at Omega Protein Monday. Broadus said he died from loss of blood related to his injuries.
Moss Point police and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration are investigating the accident.
Police have ruled Hebert’s death accidental and no criminal charges will be filed.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- Former Godwin CEO Danny Mitchell dies at 66
- Northrop Grumman lands $354M Air Force contract for Global Hawks
- MDOT: Work on I-269 is on schedule, several phases at halfway point
- BLAKE WILSON: Danny Mitchell was a remarkable business leader, a better friend
- Delta Council says condition of Highway 6 'of crisis dimensions'
- More school districts join MAEP lawsuit brought by Musgrove
- Thousands of acres of Delta farmland to go on auction block
- Court tosses challenge to Miss. Silicon’s clean air permit