Coroner: Omega Protein worker died of blood loss
Published: April 12,2012
MOSS POINT — Officials say a maintenance worker at a Moss Point seafood plant died from blood loss.
Jackson County Coroner Vicki Broadus tells The Sun Herald 24-year-old Christopher Hebert was caught in a conveyor at Omega Protein Monday. Broadus said he died from loss of blood related to his injuries.
Moss Point police and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration are investigating the accident.
Police have ruled Hebert’s death accidental and no criminal charges will be filed.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Warden who lives hundreds of miles from jail resigns
- Jail kitchen supervisor pleads guilty to stealing food
- BankPlus recognized for alternative program to payday lending
- Top 10 finalists chosen for C Spire Conerly Trophy
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- Ex-MDEQ leader Fisher joins Butler Snow
- State’s new banking chief Charlotte Corley has deep roots in the business
- Stricklin: Deer parasites don't affect quality of venison