Coroner: Omega Protein worker died of blood loss
Published: April 12,2012
MOSS POINT — Officials say a maintenance worker at a Moss Point seafood plant died from blood loss.
Jackson County Coroner Vicki Broadus tells The Sun Herald 24-year-old Christopher Hebert was caught in a conveyor at Omega Protein Monday. Broadus said he died from loss of blood related to his injuries.
Moss Point police and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration are investigating the accident.
Police have ruled Hebert’s death accidental and no criminal charges will be filed.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Host families prepare for Mississippi Braves’ season
- Ridgeland property rights tussle is expected to have wide impact
- JOSH MABUS — Mississippi’s Healthcare: Not a quality problem, a marketing problem
- Mississippi takes an incentives licking, keeps on ticking
- Investors in Northbrook complex say Ridgeland targeting its own collateral for demolition
- AWAITING ITS FATE: Gables complex may have to shrink to meet law
- HUNTER ARNOLD: Mississippi, Gulf Coast states focus on global business markets
- PHIL HARDWICK: When will Mississippi change its culture?
- Mississippi furniture makers on rebound with more exports