Coroner: Omega Protein worker died of blood loss
by Associated Press
Published: April 12,2012
MOSS POINT — Officials say a maintenance worker at a Moss Point seafood plant died from blood loss.
Jackson County Coroner Vicki Broadus tells The Sun Herald 24-year-old Christopher Hebert was caught in a conveyor at Omega Protein Monday. Broadus said he died from loss of blood related to his injuries.
Moss Point police and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration are investigating the accident.
Police have ruled Hebert’s death accidental and no criminal charges will be filed.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- George’s Girls put shopping skills to work
- Justice Department files complaint against tax preparer
- DMR pays accounting firm more than double contract's worth
- Following ruling, Entergy to hand over records to county
- Report: State's emergency care ranks highest in Southeast
- Boyd Gaming reports drop in in-state net revenue
- Union-restricting legislation moves forward
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years