Main Street to unveil new look, plan for Coast business district
by MBJ Staff
Published: April 12,2012
LONG BEACH — Members of the Mississippi Main Street Association (MMSA) Economic Development Resource Team will reveal a new look and plans for the central business district of Long Beach April 16.
The public presentation will be held at 5:30 p.m. at the University of Southern Mississippi’s Gulf Park Campus in the Fleming Education Center, Room 201.
“Mississippi Main Street Association will share ideas, plans and implementation recommendations for the continued rebuilding and revitalization of Long Beach’s Central Business District,” said Stacy Pair, MMSA Southern District director. “We want the entire community to be aware and share in taking these next steps.”
MMSA, in partnership with BP America, conducted an economic development program in Long Beach in March. MMSA designated Long Beach a Downtown Network Community last fall.
The additional funding from BP America allowed Mississippi Main Street to add more experts to the team as well as more time to produce an expanded collateral and implementation plan for the Main Street program in Long Beach.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Judge to hear from True the Vote as McDaniel attempts to overturn loss to Cochran
- DAVID DALLAS: Mr. McDaniel goes to Washington
- Under state probe, All American Check Cashing gets ‘F’ rating from Better Business Bureau
- Three indicted, alleged to have embezzled from agency
- Walker sentenced to 18 months for fraud, conspiracy
- Weyerhaeuser investing $57M to modernize lumber mill
- Manning family establishes health care initiative at UMMC
- Google chooses Mad Genius as example of Internet use
- Communities awarded national Main Street accreditation