MDAC: Businesses ‘overwhelmingly support’ online pesticide registration
by MBJ Staff
Published: April 12,2012
JACKSON — The Mississippi Department of Agriculture and Commerce (MDAC) introduced the Pesticide Products Registration Online System in 2011 to overwhelming support from businesses nationwide, according to MDAC.
In its first year of operation as a pilot system, over 80 percent of businesses took advantage of the online application as a way to register pesticides for sale or distribution in the State of Mississippi.
The new online registration service has streamlined MDAC’s Pesticide Registration Program, which registers approximately 12,000 products annually, generating more than $1.7 million in state funds.
All pesticide products are registered by MDAC’s Bureau of Plant Industry prior to sale or distribution in order to protect consumers from substandard products. This new system has eliminated many non-efficient steps in the registration process. With the convenience of online registration, businesses can do away with the excess paperwork and enjoy the ease of credit card or e-check payments, saving time and money, MDAC reports.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Nullification and interposition
- Court rules in clinic dispute involving St. Dominic, HMA
- TROTTER: Social security claiming strategies
- Commission eyeing unauthorized changes to historic structures
- District at Eastover construction to start later this year
- With no interim, board begins hunt for MVSU president
- Undersecretary: 'I understand the frustration' over catfish inspections
- Small business owners take picture perfect advantages with Instagram