MDAC: Businesses ‘overwhelmingly support’ online pesticide registration
by MBJ Staff
Published: April 12,2012
JACKSON — The Mississippi Department of Agriculture and Commerce (MDAC) introduced the Pesticide Products Registration Online System in 2011 to overwhelming support from businesses nationwide, according to MDAC.
In its first year of operation as a pilot system, over 80 percent of businesses took advantage of the online application as a way to register pesticides for sale or distribution in the State of Mississippi.
The new online registration service has streamlined MDAC’s Pesticide Registration Program, which registers approximately 12,000 products annually, generating more than $1.7 million in state funds.
All pesticide products are registered by MDAC’s Bureau of Plant Industry prior to sale or distribution in order to protect consumers from substandard products. This new system has eliminated many non-efficient steps in the registration process. With the convenience of online registration, businesses can do away with the excess paperwork and enjoy the ease of credit card or e-check payments, saving time and money, MDAC reports.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Mississippi no longer has highest unemployment rate in nation
- McDaniel cites Gunn's challenge in his attempt to overturn loss to Cochran
- Payday lender, fired executive exchanging blame for lender’s regulatory woes
- Grain buyer’s bankruptcy could take steep toll on Delta farmers
- Once the bane of only Southerners, kudzu is migrating north and west
- UPDATE — David Watkins says JRA left him in dark about HUD's Farish St. involvement
- Mad Genius, Eyevox owner acquires Mississippi Film Studios
- SouthGroup Insurance named to 'Best Practices' study
- Senators push for protecting steel producers from imported rebar