MDAC: Businesses ‘overwhelmingly support’ online pesticide registration
by MBJ Staff
Published: April 12,2012
JACKSON — The Mississippi Department of Agriculture and Commerce (MDAC) introduced the Pesticide Products Registration Online System in 2011 to overwhelming support from businesses nationwide, according to MDAC.
In its first year of operation as a pilot system, over 80 percent of businesses took advantage of the online application as a way to register pesticides for sale or distribution in the State of Mississippi.
The new online registration service has streamlined MDAC’s Pesticide Registration Program, which registers approximately 12,000 products annually, generating more than $1.7 million in state funds.
All pesticide products are registered by MDAC’s Bureau of Plant Industry prior to sale or distribution in order to protect consumers from substandard products. This new system has eliminated many non-efficient steps in the registration process. With the convenience of online registration, businesses can do away with the excess paperwork and enjoy the ease of credit card or e-check payments, saving time and money, MDAC reports.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Peavey's wellness program honored after workers drop 1,000 pounds
- Pickering lists concerns over Mississippi Adequate Education Program formula
- Group, lesbian couples look to overturn state's ban on same-sex marriages
- Watkins says JRA out to block him from Farish by repaying HUD $1.5M
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- State renews battle over water use with city of Memphis
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015