MDAC: Businesses ‘overwhelmingly support’ online pesticide registration
by MBJ Staff
Published: April 12,2012
JACKSON — The Mississippi Department of Agriculture and Commerce (MDAC) introduced the Pesticide Products Registration Online System in 2011 to overwhelming support from businesses nationwide, according to MDAC.
In its first year of operation as a pilot system, over 80 percent of businesses took advantage of the online application as a way to register pesticides for sale or distribution in the State of Mississippi.
The new online registration service has streamlined MDAC’s Pesticide Registration Program, which registers approximately 12,000 products annually, generating more than $1.7 million in state funds.
All pesticide products are registered by MDAC’s Bureau of Plant Industry prior to sale or distribution in order to protect consumers from substandard products. This new system has eliminated many non-efficient steps in the registration process. With the convenience of online registration, businesses can do away with the excess paperwork and enjoy the ease of credit card or e-check payments, saving time and money, MDAC reports.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- BBB issues warning involving asphalt paving scam
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects
- Mississippi State makes NSF ranking of research universities
- TVA president/CEO Johnson tours Techumseh, Yokohama plants
- Sawtimber, pulpwood markets improving, but challenges remain
- News The Way You Want It!
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip