MDAC: Businesses ‘overwhelmingly support’ online pesticide registration
by MBJ Staff
Published: April 12,2012
JACKSON — The Mississippi Department of Agriculture and Commerce (MDAC) introduced the Pesticide Products Registration Online System in 2011 to overwhelming support from businesses nationwide, according to MDAC.
In its first year of operation as a pilot system, over 80 percent of businesses took advantage of the online application as a way to register pesticides for sale or distribution in the State of Mississippi.
The new online registration service has streamlined MDAC’s Pesticide Registration Program, which registers approximately 12,000 products annually, generating more than $1.7 million in state funds.
All pesticide products are registered by MDAC’s Bureau of Plant Industry prior to sale or distribution in order to protect consumers from substandard products. This new system has eliminated many non-efficient steps in the registration process. With the convenience of online registration, businesses can do away with the excess paperwork and enjoy the ease of credit card or e-check payments, saving time and money, MDAC reports.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Attorney McRae challenging Miss. treasurer in GOP primary
- Judge names receiver for KiOR plant, but tax payment unclear
- DAVID DALLAS — Roger Wicker: Profile in discouragement
- Choctaws' new hospital nearing completion
- Rival plans filed to end Cleveland schools federal oversight
- Ecolab reducing Columbus workforce
- Tommy Robertson indicted on five counts of embezzlement
- Production under way at Grammer AG in Tupelo
- State's ventures into alt-fuel markets net few jobs