Mississippi utility, Santee Cooper in negotiations
Published: April 13,2012
MONCKS CORNER, S.C. — Santee Cooper says it will negotiate with a Mississippi power company over a small stake in two new nuclear plants being built in South Carolina.
South Carolina’s state-owned utility said Friday that it has offered 4 percent to 14 percent of the ownership and power from the new plants to the South Mississippi Electric Power Association.
Santee Cooper has a 45 percent stake in the new 1,100-megawatt reactors being built at the V.C. Summer Nuclear Station near Jenkinsville. The plants are under construction and should come online in 2017 and 2018. South Carolina Electric and Gas owns the other 55 percent.
Santee Cooper has also offered Duke Power a 5 percent to 10 percent stake in its power and ownership of the reactors.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Congressional delegation applauds Air Force's decision on Keesler, but not satisfied
- (UPDATED) Making Jackson-Evers affordable to Allegiant is key to regaining Orlando service
- County rescinds gun ban; sheriff says lawmakers may 'deal with the consequences'
- Deal for Jackson-Orlando flights in works with Allegiant
- Report: Mississippi sees biggest hike in home insurance premiums in U.S.
- Great River Industries moving headquarters to Natchez
- Giles Ward will not seek reelection to Senate
- Businessman involved in Frankel insurance scam dies at 81
- Commission to decide if emergency should be declared in Delta school system
- Baseball stadium for Farish Street? It’s possible