Small fire reported at Grand Gulf Nuclear Station
Published: April 13,2012
Grand Gulf spokeswoman Suzanne Anderson tells the Vicksburg Post that there was no danger to workers or the public.
Anderson says an unknown number of workers were forced to exit when a fire broke out in the condenser area of the plant about 30 miles south of Vicksburg at 6:26 p.m.
She says Grand Gulf firefighters cleared the scene by 7 p.m. Anderson says the damage was not expected to significantly delay work at the plant to increase Grand Gulf’s power.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Small fire reported at Grand Gulf Nuclear Station”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Mad Genius, Eyevox owner acquires Mississippi Film Studios
- Tragedy for Jackson Prep: Football player Walker Wilbanks dies
- McDaniel files legal arguments as he looks to overturn Cochran loss
- Payday lender, fired executive exchanging blame for lender’s regulatory woes
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- Fitch gives Mississippi Power a negative outlook due to Kemper plant
- Mississippi River mayors announce 'seed money' for waterfront developments
- UPDATED: Jackson agrees to repay HUD $1.5 million for Farish Street blunders
- Payday lender expects clean bill from regulators