Small fire reported at Grand Gulf Nuclear Station
Published: April 13,2012
Grand Gulf spokeswoman Suzanne Anderson tells the Vicksburg Post that there was no danger to workers or the public.
Anderson says an unknown number of workers were forced to exit when a fire broke out in the condenser area of the plant about 30 miles south of Vicksburg at 6:26 p.m.
She says Grand Gulf firefighters cleared the scene by 7 p.m. Anderson says the damage was not expected to significantly delay work at the plant to increase Grand Gulf’s power.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Small fire reported at Grand Gulf Nuclear Station”
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS — Cannabis for the rest of us
- MARTY WISEMAN: The current racial strife and the failure to educate
- Source: Bryant has offered Glenn McCullough MDA job
- BILL CRAWFORD: Boyce takes hot spot as IHL commissioner
- Planters Bank promotes at 3 locations
- COMMERCIAL FINANCE 701: Loans disguised as government bonds (BOANs)
- (WITH VIDEO) Funding secured for Capitol Art Lofts in downtown Jackson
- Real Estate Forum panelists: Lenders, investors hungry for deals on residential rentals in Miss., elsewhere
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast