Small fire reported at Grand Gulf Nuclear Station
Published: April 13,2012
Grand Gulf spokeswoman Suzanne Anderson tells the Vicksburg Post that there was no danger to workers or the public.
Anderson says an unknown number of workers were forced to exit when a fire broke out in the condenser area of the plant about 30 miles south of Vicksburg at 6:26 p.m.
She says Grand Gulf firefighters cleared the scene by 7 p.m. Anderson says the damage was not expected to significantly delay work at the plant to increase Grand Gulf’s power.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Small fire reported at Grand Gulf Nuclear Station”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Judge gets more time to fight efforts to remove him from office
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- Coast cleanup nets 1,600 bags of trash — and a watermelon patch
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Andrew Adams helps grow Addicus
- State's bad bridges continue to raise concerns among officials
- Number of visitors to Natchez Trace makes big jump
- MISSISSIPPI RISING: Time to sell the image
- Epidemiologist: State's hospitals can identify, isolate Ebola cases
- C Spire wins national award, cash prize for marketing analytics