Small fire reported at Grand Gulf Nuclear Station
by Associated Press
Published: April 13,2012
Grand Gulf spokeswoman Suzanne Anderson tells the Vicksburg Post that there was no danger to workers or the public.
Anderson says an unknown number of workers were forced to exit when a fire broke out in the condenser area of the plant about 30 miles south of Vicksburg at 6:26 p.m.
She says Grand Gulf firefighters cleared the scene by 7 p.m. Anderson says the damage was not expected to significantly delay work at the plant to increase Grand Gulf’s power.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Small fire reported at Grand Gulf Nuclear Station”
Top Posts & Pages
- PSC unanimously rejects Entergy-ITC proposed merger
- Company mulling plan to build new pipeline
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- Omega Protein shifting vessels to Mississippi
- Conservator: Schools had too many employees
- Bankrupt Simply Wheelz chooses prevailing bidder for assets
- Study says state sacrificing billions of dollars, 20,000 jobs in refusing Medicaid expansion
- Mars Food to celebrate 35 years in Port City
- Tennessee-based manufacturer sites plant in industrial park