Small fire reported at Grand Gulf Nuclear Station
Published: April 13,2012
Grand Gulf spokeswoman Suzanne Anderson tells the Vicksburg Post that there was no danger to workers or the public.
Anderson says an unknown number of workers were forced to exit when a fire broke out in the condenser area of the plant about 30 miles south of Vicksburg at 6:26 p.m.
She says Grand Gulf firefighters cleared the scene by 7 p.m. Anderson says the damage was not expected to significantly delay work at the plant to increase Grand Gulf’s power.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Small fire reported at Grand Gulf Nuclear Station”
Top Posts & Pages
- Investigators find massive Ag Museum fire was an accident
- Half century of memories — Christmas on Deer Creek to celebrate 50th anniversary
- Bryant wants free tuition for students with technical diploma
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- Prison-contract task force working in wake of Epps' indictment
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Former MDEQ Executive Director Trudy Fisher joins Butler Snow
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- State's casinos took in more winnings in October