Cleveland goes to Mississippi Sports Hall of Fame
by MBJ Staff
Published: April 15,2012
Longtime Jackson Clarion-Ledger sports columnist Rick Cleveland has been named the executive director of the Mississippi Sports Hall of Fame. Cleveland, 59, takes over for the late Michael Rubenstein, who had been the Hall of Fame’s only executive director since it opened in 1996.
Cleveland began his full-time journalism career at The Hattiesburg American in 1970 and has worked at The Clarion-Ledger since 1979.
His final day at The Clarion-Ledger was April 13. He will begin his duties at the Hall of Fame on May 1.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Venture Tech merges with ISC, acquires SAT
- PSC's Brandon Presley calls in-state nuclear waste dump a 'harebrained scheme'
- Georgia-Pacific completes acquisition of SPG Holdings
- Corps official: River needs larger ports, locks and dams
- Community Bank names new officers
- Judge intends to rule on McDaniel's challenge before general election
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- C Spire, UM installing Wi-Fi network at Vaught-Hemingway Stadium
- Retired judge to hear McDaniel's challenge of primary loss to Cochran