Cleveland goes to Mississippi Sports Hall of Fame
by MBJ Staff
Published: April 15,2012
Longtime Jackson Clarion-Ledger sports columnist Rick Cleveland has been named the executive director of the Mississippi Sports Hall of Fame. Cleveland, 59, takes over for the late Michael Rubenstein, who had been the Hall of Fame’s only executive director since it opened in 1996.
Cleveland began his full-time journalism career at The Hattiesburg American in 1970 and has worked at The Clarion-Ledger since 1979.
His final day at The Clarion-Ledger was April 13. He will begin his duties at the Hall of Fame on May 1.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Spivey named Under 40 Business Person of the Year by the Mississippi Business Journal
- JACK WEATHERLY: Finding a house, defending a neighborhood, finding a voice
- Top 40 Under 40
- Bids on reworking Interstate 55 stretch are rejected
- Terminal upgrade on indefinite hold at Jackson International Airport
- JACK WEATHERLY: Economic development in these parts is a ‘family’ business
- CFPB wants repay ability at center of new payday loan rules
- MDA to close all its regional offices
- Top 40 Under 40 (digital magazine)