4-lane Highway 45 to open today in Lowndes Co.
Published: April 16,2012
JACKSON — The Mississippi Department of Transportation says a newly reconstructed portion of Highway 45 with four lanes will be opening today.
The new portion of highway has four-lanes and it will connect Shafer Chapel Road to Highway 82 near Columbus in Lowndes County.
The department says this is the final phase of a reconstruction project that included two newly constructed southbound lanes and two reconstructed northbound lanes.
The $17 million work began in July 2009. RaCon Inc. is the prime contractor.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Ex-state employee gets jail time for embezzling from school
- Madison's Christmas on Ice will not take place this year
- SPECIAL REPORT: Land may hold key to Jackson airport’s success
- Ex-judge disciplined, but not barred, by Supreme Court
- Gunn: State's GOP needs to heal after Senate primary battle
- SPECIAL REPORT: A savvy pro is sought for Jackson airport's CEO
- Bank welcomes Little
- USM Foundation sees second-highest fundraising total in history