4-lane Highway 45 to open today in Lowndes Co.
Published: April 16,2012
JACKSON — The Mississippi Department of Transportation says a newly reconstructed portion of Highway 45 with four lanes will be opening today.
The new portion of highway has four-lanes and it will connect Shafer Chapel Road to Highway 82 near Columbus in Lowndes County.
The department says this is the final phase of a reconstruction project that included two newly constructed southbound lanes and two reconstructed northbound lanes.
The $17 million work began in July 2009. RaCon Inc. is the prime contractor.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Spivey named Under 40 Business Person of the Year by the Mississippi Business Journal
- Bids on reworking Interstate 55 stretch are rejected
- JACK WEATHERLY: Finding a house, defending a neighborhood, finding a voice
- Terminal upgrade on indefinite hold at Jackson International Airport
- Report ranks state schools' performance 51st in the nation
- JACK WEATHERLY: Economic development in these parts is a ‘family’ business
- Hosemann to launch crowd funding program
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- CFPB wants repay ability at center of new payday loan rules