4-lane Highway 45 to open today in Lowndes Co.
Published: April 16,2012
JACKSON — The Mississippi Department of Transportation says a newly reconstructed portion of Highway 45 with four lanes will be opening today.
The new portion of highway has four-lanes and it will connect Shafer Chapel Road to Highway 82 near Columbus in Lowndes County.
The department says this is the final phase of a reconstruction project that included two newly constructed southbound lanes and two reconstructed northbound lanes.
The $17 million work began in July 2009. RaCon Inc. is the prime contractor.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Judge moves McDaniel's lawsuit challenging loss to Cochran
- Tragedy for Jackson Prep: Football player Walker Wilbanks dies
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- TECH 21 — Mississippi's most wanted in technology
- Scientists seeing more invasive trapjaw ants on Coast
- DAVID DALLAS — Mississippi needs one university
- Trop Greenville ahead of schedule on significant expansion
- Judge rules for Fish and Wildlife Service in frog habitat case
- Diamondhead Casino Corporation wins site approval