4-lane Highway 45 to open today in Lowndes Co.
Published: April 16,2012
JACKSON — The Mississippi Department of Transportation says a newly reconstructed portion of Highway 45 with four lanes will be opening today.
The new portion of highway has four-lanes and it will connect Shafer Chapel Road to Highway 82 near Columbus in Lowndes County.
The department says this is the final phase of a reconstruction project that included two newly constructed southbound lanes and two reconstructed northbound lanes.
The $17 million work began in July 2009. RaCon Inc. is the prime contractor.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Thousands of acres of Delta farmland to go on auction block
- CSpire offering 1Phone 6, IPhone 6 Plus on Sept. 19
- Board files suit against VA over release of patients' names
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Mississippi sounds coming to Americana Music Festival & Conference
- MBJ's Business Marketplace set for Sept. 19 at Mississippi's Trade Mart
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- State's corn crop could set new yield record
- Owner of former hospital given deadline