USM, William Carey to start Ph.D. nursing programs
Published: April 17,2012
William Carey University and the University of Southern Mississippi are both setting up programs to help change that.
William Carey will start a Ph.D. program this fall in nursing education and administration, pending accreditation by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools.
It’s the nursing school’s first doctoral program. The two- to three-year program will admit at least 20 students in August
Last week, USM announced plans to start the first degree-granting nurse anesthesia program in the state. The three-year program will grant a Doctor of Nursing Practice degree.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- McDaniel delays decision on whether to appeal dismissal of lawsuit
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- More than a dozen school districts sue state over funding
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Bryant issues executive order to establish Delta water task force
- Jackson to get C Spire's high-speed internet