Biloxi council rezones part of Deer Island
Published: April 18,2012
BILOXI — The Biloxi City Council has rezoned eight acres of Deer Island at the request of a developer who wants to build a resort.
Tuesday’s vote was 5-1. The council added a stipulation that a casino not be allowed as part of the Oasis resort.
Larry Mitrenga, owner and developer of the property, says he plans a restaurant, entertainment pavilion and eight three-story buildings with 96 lodging units. Two of the buildings will be condos for local people who want to stay on the island and he said the other six will be hotel units.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Winchester lands $50M ammunition contract from Homeland Security
- Deer processors need to use caution to insure safe, tasty venison
- Canadian company purchasing Southern Lumber for nearly $50M
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters
- Travis retiring as head of Mississippi World Trade Center
- Lawmakers question education leaders about escalating administrative costs
- Peavey Electronics reorganizing under new globalization plan
- Drew Brees settles lawsuit alleging investment fraud
- Court rules board can discipline West Virginia radiologist