Biloxi council rezones part of Deer Island
Published: April 18,2012
BILOXI — The Biloxi City Council has rezoned eight acres of Deer Island at the request of a developer who wants to build a resort.
Tuesday’s vote was 5-1. The council added a stipulation that a casino not be allowed as part of the Oasis resort.
Larry Mitrenga, owner and developer of the property, says he plans a restaurant, entertainment pavilion and eight three-story buildings with 96 lodging units. Two of the buildings will be condos for local people who want to stay on the island and he said the other six will be hotel units.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Andrew Adams helps grow Addicus
- Grand juries charge seven with election violations
- Dak Prescott's autograph fetches a pretty penny
- Butler Snow names Crockoft new office director
- Farm theft investigation recovers $200K in stolen equipment
- MISSISSIPPI RISING: Time to sell the image
- C Spire wins national award, cash prize for marketing analytics