Biloxi council rezones part of Deer Island
Published: April 18,2012
BILOXI — The Biloxi City Council has rezoned eight acres of Deer Island at the request of a developer who wants to build a resort.
Tuesday’s vote was 5-1. The council added a stipulation that a casino not be allowed as part of the Oasis resort.
Larry Mitrenga, owner and developer of the property, says he plans a restaurant, entertainment pavilion and eight three-story buildings with 96 lodging units. Two of the buildings will be condos for local people who want to stay on the island and he said the other six will be hotel units.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Tanger Outlets involved in Southaven project
- DAVID DALLAS: Who in the Hell are We?
- J.McLaughlin to open in Highland Village next spring
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- New Mississippi state highway map is available for the public
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- Analysts hail BancorpSouth stock buyback as ‘handsome’ reward for shareholders