Biloxi council rezones part of Deer Island
by Associated Press
Published: April 18,2012
BILOXI — The Biloxi City Council has rezoned eight acres of Deer Island at the request of a developer who wants to build a resort.
Tuesday’s vote was 5-1. The council added a stipulation that a casino not be allowed as part of the Oasis resort.
Larry Mitrenga, owner and developer of the property, says he plans a restaurant, entertainment pavilion and eight three-story buildings with 96 lodging units. Two of the buildings will be condos for local people who want to stay on the island and he said the other six will be hotel units.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- District at Eastover construction to start later this year
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Ex-Northwest Rankin coach David Coates dies before drug trial
- Stabenow, Cochran brace for full Senate vote on Farm Bill
- Keeping Our Eye On Nathan McNeill
- Counties ‘hoping to get it right’ as they await Tuscaloosa Marine shale boom
- OUR VIEW: USM makes right call by calling off tornado relief campaign
- Forward-thinking power companies transform “disruptions” into opportunities