Biloxi council rezones part of Deer Island
Published: April 18,2012
BILOXI — The Biloxi City Council has rezoned eight acres of Deer Island at the request of a developer who wants to build a resort.
Tuesday’s vote was 5-1. The council added a stipulation that a casino not be allowed as part of the Oasis resort.
Larry Mitrenga, owner and developer of the property, says he plans a restaurant, entertainment pavilion and eight three-story buildings with 96 lodging units. Two of the buildings will be condos for local people who want to stay on the island and he said the other six will be hotel units.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Molpus closes Fund after more than $662M in commitments
- Realtors chooses Nita Wingard
- DeSoto County Supervisor Lee dies in ATV accident on his birthday
- No debate, but Cochran and Childers lobby for votes for Senate
- Politics of paying for transportation: Hand wringing and a lot of talk
- Entergy agrees to cut $35M from its new rate plan
- MSU reminding fans that drones are prohibited at football games
- Ford Foundation gives to UM for new science building
- Kemper County plant will cost at least another $496M to complete