Site announced for new Oxford hospital
Published: April 18,2012
Memphis-based Baptist Memorial announced its plans Tuesday in a meeting with officials from Oxford and Lafayette County.
Baptist spokesman Dick Cowart says 15 sites were considered.
Cowart says the new location selected preserves the south Oxford medical offices and clinics, makes the existing campus more marketable and has multiple access points to highways.
The purchase agreement required the hospital footprint to be in Oxford city limits, the site is mostly outside the city but under court consideration for annexation. Both city and county boards approved enabling Baptist to proceed with site planning and state approval.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Host families prepare for Mississippi Braves’ season
- PHIL HARDWICK: When will Mississippi change its culture?
- Ridgeland property rights tussle is expected to have wide impact
- JOSH MABUS — Mississippi’s Healthcare: Not a quality problem, a marketing problem
- Mississippi takes an incentives licking, keeps on ticking
- (VIDEO) ALAN TURNER: Wilson says he’s ready for elected office
- Bill would open hospital meetings, expand records access
- Choctaws' new hospital nearing completion
- Mississippi furniture makers on rebound with more exports