Site announced for new Oxford hospital
Published: April 18,2012
Memphis-based Baptist Memorial announced its plans Tuesday in a meeting with officials from Oxford and Lafayette County.
Baptist spokesman Dick Cowart says 15 sites were considered.
Cowart says the new location selected preserves the south Oxford medical offices and clinics, makes the existing campus more marketable and has multiple access points to highways.
The purchase agreement required the hospital footprint to be in Oxford city limits, the site is mostly outside the city but under court consideration for annexation. Both city and county boards approved enabling Baptist to proceed with site planning and state approval.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Tyler Raborn finds success and fulfillment with Raborn Media
- Three indicted, alleged to have embezzled from agency
- Supreme Court deals blow to McDaniel's election challenge
- DAVID DALLAS: Mr. McDaniel goes to Washington
- Manning family establishes health care initiative at UMMC
- Gunn, Reeves introduce performance-based budget plan
- Bryant protests immigrant children being housed in state
- Under state probe, All American Check Cashing gets ‘F’ rating from Better Business Bureau
- Weyerhaeuser investing $57M to modernize lumber mill