Site announced for new Oxford hospital
Published: April 18,2012
Memphis-based Baptist Memorial announced its plans Tuesday in a meeting with officials from Oxford and Lafayette County.
Baptist spokesman Dick Cowart says 15 sites were considered.
Cowart says the new location selected preserves the south Oxford medical offices and clinics, makes the existing campus more marketable and has multiple access points to highways.
The purchase agreement required the hospital footprint to be in Oxford city limits, the site is mostly outside the city but under court consideration for annexation. Both city and county boards approved enabling Baptist to proceed with site planning and state approval.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- McDaniel delays decision on whether to appeal dismissal of lawsuit
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- More than a dozen school districts sue state over funding
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- Jackson to get C Spire's high-speed internet
- New York firm buying majority interest in Tupelo mall, shopping center
- Bryant issues executive order to establish Delta water task force