Casino regulators want to see more from developers
Published: April 20,2012
WLOX-TV reports that commission members want Rotate Black to step back and look at what more could be added to the project.
Commissioner Jerry St. Pe said the size and scope of the Gulfport project needs more work.
“All new projects have to bring something to the proposition in terms of expanding the gulf coast as a tourist attraction,” St. Pe said. “We’re looking for more than gaming and restaurants.
“Hopefully there is the opportunity to expand it,” he said.
Rotate Black’s Harbor Town concept includes a casino, restaurants, and 100 hotel rooms. They would be built on land right next to Jones Park and Gulfport’s small craft harbor.
Rotate Black wants to use the old Marine Life property and the vacant Misco Marine land for a casino, a 100 room hotel, and three restaurants.
Company officials have said other phases of the development would add convention space, a spa and a parking garage.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Andrew Adams helps grow Addicus
- Dak Prescott's autograph fetches a pretty penny
- Grand juries charge seven with election violations
- MISSISSIPPI RISING: Time to sell the image
- Butler Snow names Crockoft new office director
- Farm theft investigation recovers $200K in stolen equipment
- Judge gets more time to fight efforts to remove him from office