EastGroup Properties’ profit rises in first quarter of 2012
by Associated Press
Published: April 20,2012
The real estate investment trust said Thursday that quarterly profit rose to $5.4 million, or 20 cents per share. That’s up 13 percent from $4.8 million, or 18 cents per share, in year-ago quarter.
Analysts polled by FactSet had predicted 23 cents per share, on average.
Quarterly revenue rose 8 percent to $46.8 million. Analysts had expected $45.1 million.
EastGroup said it is building a new warehouse in Orlando, Fla., one of eight under construction. It also said it paid $2.7 million for land in Tampa, Fla., and near Phoenix.
The company bought one warehouse in Tampa for $3.5 million in January and sold two there in February for $578,000.
Occupancy rose to 94 percent.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Mississippi Power CEO's departure due to withholding Kemper information from regulators
- Tenn. company makes unspecified offer to lease hospital
- Hosemann revels in victory over Court's redistricting ruling
- Study says Nissan subsidies total $1.33B; MDA says overestimated
- Nullification and interposition
- Renee Flynt made Craftsmen's Guild president
- Small business owners take picture perfect advantages with Instagram
- Defunct casino to be moved; cost could rise depending on 'crud'