EastGroup Properties’ profit rises in first quarter of 2012
Published: April 20,2012
The real estate investment trust said Thursday that quarterly profit rose to $5.4 million, or 20 cents per share. That’s up 13 percent from $4.8 million, or 18 cents per share, in year-ago quarter.
Analysts polled by FactSet had predicted 23 cents per share, on average.
Quarterly revenue rose 8 percent to $46.8 million. Analysts had expected $45.1 million.
EastGroup said it is building a new warehouse in Orlando, Fla., one of eight under construction. It also said it paid $2.7 million for land in Tampa, Fla., and near Phoenix.
The company bought one warehouse in Tampa for $3.5 million in January and sold two there in February for $578,000.
Occupancy rose to 94 percent.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- Woman found guilty of murder in buttocks injection case
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- More than a dozen school districts sue state over funding
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- McDaniel delays decision on whether to appeal dismissal of lawsuit
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years