EastGroup Properties’ profit rises in first quarter of 2012
by Associated Press
Published: April 20,2012
The real estate investment trust said Thursday that quarterly profit rose to $5.4 million, or 20 cents per share. That’s up 13 percent from $4.8 million, or 18 cents per share, in year-ago quarter.
Analysts polled by FactSet had predicted 23 cents per share, on average.
Quarterly revenue rose 8 percent to $46.8 million. Analysts had expected $45.1 million.
EastGroup said it is building a new warehouse in Orlando, Fla., one of eight under construction. It also said it paid $2.7 million for land in Tampa, Fla., and near Phoenix.
The company bought one warehouse in Tampa for $3.5 million in January and sold two there in February for $578,000.
Occupancy rose to 94 percent.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Eye clinic operator faces Medicaid fraud charges
- Mega-load move could cause traffic issues
- New boutique hotel to replace Oxford’s Downtown Inn
- NEW ORLEANS SAINTS MOVING — Mississippi company has the task of moving the football team
- Coast city to repay BP grant funding for Ocean Expo
- New owners plan cautious change for Highland Village
- M&F branches to close as Renasant wraps up merger
- Gaming Commission gives nod to Coast city's first casino
- Judge to weigh Hood's credit card issuer lawsuit
- Blue Origin successfully tests BE-3 rocket engine