EastGroup Properties’ profit rises in first quarter of 2012
Published: April 20,2012
The real estate investment trust said Thursday that quarterly profit rose to $5.4 million, or 20 cents per share. That’s up 13 percent from $4.8 million, or 18 cents per share, in year-ago quarter.
Analysts polled by FactSet had predicted 23 cents per share, on average.
Quarterly revenue rose 8 percent to $46.8 million. Analysts had expected $45.1 million.
EastGroup said it is building a new warehouse in Orlando, Fla., one of eight under construction. It also said it paid $2.7 million for land in Tampa, Fla., and near Phoenix.
The company bought one warehouse in Tampa for $3.5 million in January and sold two there in February for $578,000.
Occupancy rose to 94 percent.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- UPDATED: Jackson agrees to repay HUD $1.5 million for Farish Street blunders
- Gov. Bryant intervening in same-sex couple's divorce
- Vicksburg mayor marries during lunch break
- Mad Genius, Eyevox owner acquires Mississippi Film Studios
- Mississippi River mayors announce 'seed money' for waterfront developments
- Tragedy for Jackson Prep: Football player Walker Wilbanks dies
- City leaders vote against offering insurance to one adult, possibly same-sex partner
- McDaniel files legal arguments as he looks to overturn Cochran loss