Frallic retiring as Gulfport-Biloxi airport head
Published: April 20,2012
GULFPORT — Bruce Frallic, who has served as executive director of Gulfport-Biloxi International Airport for the last 26 years, will retire in August
Travis Lott, chairman of the Airport Authority made the announcement Wednesday.
Frallic guided the airport through the advent of the casino industry in South Mississippi, the downturn in travel after 9/11, the devastation of Hurricane Katrina and the rebuilding that followed.
Airport records show the growth of South Mississippi as a casino destination brought a 400 percent increase in passenger boardings during the 1990s.
Frallic moved to Mississippi in 1974 and served as airport director in Hattiesburg-Laurel Airport before coming to the Gulfport airport in 1986.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS — Roger Wicker: Profile in discouragement
- BILL CRAWFORD — More jobs, but fewer with jobs, huh?
- ANITA MODAK-TRURAN — Mississippi’s motion picture renaissance
- Tommy Robertson indicted on five counts of embezzlement
- Despite obstacles, craft beer industry growing
- Jackson’s Landmark Center slated for mixed-use conversion
- Finding your flexible space — Regus banks on high demand for customizable work spaces
- Miss. children's hospital plans $150 million expansion
- State's ventures into alt-fuel markets net few jobs