Frallic retiring as Gulfport-Biloxi airport head
by Associated Press
Published: April 20,2012
GULFPORT — Bruce Frallic, who has served as executive director of Gulfport-Biloxi International Airport for the last 26 years, will retire in August
Travis Lott, chairman of the Airport Authority made the announcement Wednesday.
Frallic guided the airport through the advent of the casino industry in South Mississippi, the downturn in travel after 9/11, the devastation of Hurricane Katrina and the rebuilding that followed.
Airport records show the growth of South Mississippi as a casino destination brought a 400 percent increase in passenger boardings during the 1990s.
Frallic moved to Mississippi in 1974 and served as airport director in Hattiesburg-Laurel Airport before coming to the Gulfport airport in 1986.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- George’s Girls put shopping skills to work
- Justice Department files complaint against tax preparer
- DMR pays accounting firm more than double contract's worth
- Following ruling, Entergy to hand over records to county
- Report: State's emergency care ranks highest in Southeast
- Boyd Gaming reports drop in in-state net revenue
- Union-restricting legislation moves forward
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years