Frallic retiring as Gulfport-Biloxi airport head
Published: April 20,2012
GULFPORT — Bruce Frallic, who has served as executive director of Gulfport-Biloxi International Airport for the last 26 years, will retire in August
Travis Lott, chairman of the Airport Authority made the announcement Wednesday.
Frallic guided the airport through the advent of the casino industry in South Mississippi, the downturn in travel after 9/11, the devastation of Hurricane Katrina and the rebuilding that followed.
Airport records show the growth of South Mississippi as a casino destination brought a 400 percent increase in passenger boardings during the 1990s.
Frallic moved to Mississippi in 1974 and served as airport director in Hattiesburg-Laurel Airport before coming to the Gulfport airport in 1986.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: Mr. McDaniel goes to Washington
- Moon River Foods creating 100 jobs in Mississippi Delta
- Judge to hear from True the Vote as McDaniel attempts to overturn loss to Cochran
- Google chooses Mad Genius as example of Internet use
- Weyerhaeuser investing $57M to modernize lumber mill
- Two BancorpSouth mergers delayed by federal inquiries
- Health officials identify another case of chikungunya virus
- Biloxi council approves $29M contract for baseball stadium construction
- Cochran continues to question EPA over new regulations
- Wasted away — Margaritaville in Biloxi to close by Sept. 19