Frallic retiring as Gulfport-Biloxi airport head
by Associated Press
Published: April 20,2012
GULFPORT — Bruce Frallic, who has served as executive director of Gulfport-Biloxi International Airport for the last 26 years, will retire in August
Travis Lott, chairman of the Airport Authority made the announcement Wednesday.
Frallic guided the airport through the advent of the casino industry in South Mississippi, the downturn in travel after 9/11, the devastation of Hurricane Katrina and the rebuilding that followed.
Airport records show the growth of South Mississippi as a casino destination brought a 400 percent increase in passenger boardings during the 1990s.
Frallic moved to Mississippi in 1974 and served as airport director in Hattiesburg-Laurel Airport before coming to the Gulfport airport in 1986.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- NEW ORLEANS SAINTS MOVING — Mississippi company has the task of moving the football team
- State of Louisiana mulling plan for Amtrak route
- New owners plan cautious change for Highland Village
- Anderson to turn 22 the day he's sworn into Legislature
- New boutique hotel to replace Oxford’s Downtown Inn
- Coast city to repay BP grant funding for Ocean Expo
- Eye clinic operator faces Medicaid fraud charges
- Report: MSU fostering economic growth, partnerships
- Schools appealing audit; superintendent calls it 'witch hunt'
- Bryant wants to give hospitals funds to offset health care reform