Sales tax money on the rise in Southaven
Published: April 20,2012
SOUTHAVEN — For the past six months, Southaven has received its largest sales tax revenue in the city’s 32-year history.
Mayor Greg Davis shared the good news with the city’s board at this week’s meeting.
Davis said the city has averaged $1 million in sales tax collections over the past six months.
Sales tax is the largest source of revenue for the city, which last year received $11.6 million.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- (UPDATE) Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- Ex-prison boss and businessman admit to bribery scheme
- ASA postmortem: industrial recruiting is a constant cycle of death and life
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Doug Dale’s self-awareness helps lift him to top of his game
- JOSH MABUS — Inbound marketing is fueled by wishful thinking
- MBJ Business Woman of the Year Top 10
- (UPDATED — BREAKING NEWS) American Specialty Alloys won’t locate $1.2B mill in Mississippi
- 2014 a good year for filmmaking in Mississippi
- PHIL HARDWICK: When Bill Cooley talks, people listen