Sales tax money on the rise in Southaven
Published: April 20,2012
SOUTHAVEN — For the past six months, Southaven has received its largest sales tax revenue in the city’s 32-year history.
Mayor Greg Davis shared the good news with the city’s board at this week’s meeting.
Davis said the city has averaged $1 million in sales tax collections over the past six months.
Sales tax is the largest source of revenue for the city, which last year received $11.6 million.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Oxford’s FNC getting new headquarters
- Judge intends to rule on McDaniel's challenge before general election
- QUIRKY? NO, JERKY — Whatever your craving, Beef Jerky Outlets likely has the flavor among 200+ choices
- (UPDATE) I-20 partially closed as vehicle carrying hazardous materials burns
- Coast family wins $644K in tideland lawsuit against state
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- State’s MAGIC accounting system works, albeit with glitches
- Corps official: River needs larger ports, locks and dams
- C Spire, UM installing Wi-Fi network at Vaught-Hemingway Stadium