Sales tax money on the rise in Southaven
by Associated Press
Published: April 20,2012
SOUTHAVEN — For the past six months, Southaven has received its largest sales tax revenue in the city’s 32-year history.
Mayor Greg Davis shared the good news with the city’s board at this week’s meeting.
Davis said the city has averaged $1 million in sales tax collections over the past six months.
Sales tax is the largest source of revenue for the city, which last year received $11.6 million.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Click Boutique revives Hattiesburg downtown retail district
- KEEPING OUR EYE ON: Elizabeth Harris
- TROTTER: Social security claiming strategies
- Small business owners take picture perfect advantages with Instagram
- District at Eastover construction to start later this year
- Froyo y’all: Couple brings 'delicious' dessert to Delta
- Nullification and interposition
- Brown would make history if confirmed as judge