Sales tax money on the rise in Southaven
Published: April 20,2012
SOUTHAVEN — For the past six months, Southaven has received its largest sales tax revenue in the city’s 32-year history.
Mayor Greg Davis shared the good news with the city’s board at this week’s meeting.
Davis said the city has averaged $1 million in sales tax collections over the past six months.
Sales tax is the largest source of revenue for the city, which last year received $11.6 million.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Winchester lands $50M ammunition contract from Homeland Security
- Deer processors need to use caution to insure safe, tasty venison
- Canadian company purchasing Southern Lumber for nearly $50M
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters
- Travis retiring as head of Mississippi World Trade Center
- Lawmakers question education leaders about escalating administrative costs
- Peavey Electronics reorganizing under new globalization plan
- Drew Brees settles lawsuit alleging investment fraud
- Court rules board can discipline West Virginia radiologist