Sales tax money on the rise in Southaven
by Associated Press
Published: April 20,2012
SOUTHAVEN — For the past six months, Southaven has received its largest sales tax revenue in the city’s 32-year history.
Mayor Greg Davis shared the good news with the city’s board at this week’s meeting.
Davis said the city has averaged $1 million in sales tax collections over the past six months.
Sales tax is the largest source of revenue for the city, which last year received $11.6 million.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Unfinished Margaritaville casino to be razed
- MBJ BUSINESS PERSON OF THE YEAR — Forward thinking: C Spire's Hu Meena has made the most of 2013
- Mayor takes blame not telling council of gas card investigation
- Attorney does not want newspaper to have MDMR records
- Entergy hands grid management to MISO
- C Spire ‘all in it’ as digital technology accelerates, expands into nearly all our lives
- Hunters urged to help fight wild hog population
- Hood files lawsuit against Chase for collection activities
- Laurel Machine & Foundry grows by diversifying
- Target: 40 million card accounts may be breached