Bailey announces retirement
by MBJ Staff
Published: April 22,2012
Mississippi Delta Community College’s president Larry Bailey is stepping down May 31 after 11 years of leading the two-year school. Bailey announced his retirement in an email to employees. He said retirement would allow him to spend more time with his family and to pursue other goals.
Bailey has spent 19 years at MDCC, eight as dean of academic affairs and the last 11 as president.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Mississippi no longer has highest unemployment rate in nation
- Grain buyer’s bankruptcy could take steep toll on Delta farmers
- McDaniel cites Gunn's challenge in his attempt to overturn loss to Cochran
- Mad Genius, Eyevox owner acquires Mississippi Film Studios
- UPDATE — David Watkins says JRA left him in dark about HUD's Farish St. involvement
- HCC works deal with MSU Extension Service for land to expand
- Once the bane of only Southerners, kudzu is migrating north and west
- Report: Mississippi has worst child poverty rate in U.S.
- Payday lender, fired executive exchanging blame for lender’s regulatory woes