Governor taps Weir for education board
by MBJ Staff
Published: April 22,2012
Bryant taps Weir
Hernando banker Simon Weir could join the Mississippi Board of Education beginning July 1. Gov. Phil Bryant tapped Weir for a nine-year term. He would represent the Supreme Court’s northern district, including 33 counties.Weir leads DeSoto County operations for Brandon-based Community Bank.Weir replaces Claude Hartley of Belden, the only board member whose term expires this year. However, Pass Christian school superintendent Sue Matheson is retiring, which could create an opening in the school administrator position on the board for Bryant to fill.Weir awaits confirmation by the state Senate.He is a graduate of Mississippi State University and was 2010 chairman of the DeSoto County Economic Council.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job